I'm in trouble.

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 2. Feb 2013, 16:42 in Living with Arthritis archive
I've had 'im indoors home ill since Wednesday morning, things came to head yesterdayat 1pm when his temperature hit 39.9 (as near as dammit to 104) so I rang our surgery. The fun and games then began. :roll:

To cut a very long story short we ended up going to hospital, arriving at about 4.20pm. Five hours later he was taken down for Xrays and a bed had been found. I got home at just after 9.30pm having spent a great deal of time sitting, standing and walking around in the generally uncomfortable environs of an NHS hospital. Once home all hell broke loose.

I drove his car a fair bit yesterday, smashing car and great to drive but, being a bloke of middle-age, he decided to opt for racing seats. OMG. You have to clamber up and out over a very firm, high seat edge and the seat is further into the body of the car compared to mine in Daisy. I swear the driver's door is heavier than my entire car and, as a result of this physical trial and tribulation my right hip / buttock area is completely shot. I've thrown up twice when taking pain relief as my poor tummy just couldn't handle the pills (I ate nothing from 1pm to 10pm) and I've barely slept. I've spent most of the night gently moo-ing. At 6am I made myself another hot water bottle, a cuppa and dug out some cream crackers. The cuppa and crackers are just about staying down, I am now sipping water and debating whether to take my omep just yet or wait until I've something resembling food in my stomach.

I feel dreadful.

I'm used to pain but this is on a totally different level. I'm sitting up in bed resting on a hottie bokkle but I cannot get comfortable. :cry: I shall moo a little more and distract myself with my Kindle.
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• Susiesoo
    Susiesoo Member Posts: 358
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh DD, I am so so sorry to hear of your latest drama/trauma/nightmare. It sounds just awful and poor Mr DD. Do they know what's wrong? I and, I am sure, a good many others on here would be on your doorstep to try and help if only we could.

I do so hope you soon improve and your poor tummy settles. Please keep us informed and I hope Mr DD is soon on the mend.

I am sending spare soup ladles (no soup) and (this is going to feel very strange cos haven't done this before) some of these (((((((())))))))

Hope to hear from you later with better news. Susie
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    I wish I could get to you to help you both,have emptied the drawers of spoons they are on the way as I type.Mega hugs (((((((((()))))))))) Mig
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    Aww DD, that sounds like the day and night from hell. Big ((((((())))))) and lots of spoons to you. Hope today is better, Mr DD picks up and your stomach soon starts to play nicely again. LV xx
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Oh DD... you poor thing...cars are the bain of my life...cant get in um or out..and all that sitting and standing for you....I do hope you can get some relief today...heat and more heat I suppose....and hopefully they will find out what is wrong with Mr DD...these are awful times but made even worse when the joints don't cooperate...please let us know how you both are..(((())) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    Options
    Sorry to hear of your troubles DD. I hope Mr DD is ok. I'm sure you will let us know later on. I hope you are not catching whatever it is he has.
    take care.
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    Oh dear , Mr and Mrs DD , you're really going through hell right now . Tell me who did this to both of you and I'll send the Brighton heavy mob round to beat the #?=> out of them ! You have both been through so much in the last few months haven't you ? Hubby and I wish we were near enough to help ; keep us posted and accept some hugs and positive vibes . Jillyb
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Oh DD! And poor Mr DD, have they figured what's wrong with him yet? I know about men & cars! My OH loves sports model cars, we used to have a Ford Puma lovely car and seats where comfortable and easy to get out from. Now he has a Hyundi sports coupe! Seats exactly as your Mr DD's car, racing seats, low to floor and molded! They are a nightmare! We have extra settee pillows in the back of the car so when I go out I put one or two depending on pain on the seat and 2 behind me for comfort. And getting out is a nightmare as well as my OH has to come round to the door because as you say the doors are heavy I get covered in bruises if I try to swing it open and try and get out on my own! a heavy landing on your hip and legs does hurt a lot!! So as I said my OH has to come round to the passenger side and open the door and help me get out! It's such a performance!! I've told him next car has to be 'me' friendly!! You rest up and recover from the car pounding! Try ginger beer or ginger biscuits, they really do work for sickness & nausea. And I hope you get the pain under control, Let us know about Mr DD, big ((((HUGS)))) to both of you.
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Options
    DD,
    I'm sorry to hear you're having a bad time ((( ))). I hope you're feeling a little better soon and can get the joints back under control again quickly. Wish I were nearer to you so that I could help on a more practical level.

I hope that Mr DD is feeling better and that the medical bods can tell you what is wrong and how it can be effectively treated.

Please take care of yourself.

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    Update

She's managed to keep some bread and cocos down then had some rest and a - very - little sleep. She's now attempting a boiled egg and more cocos prior to driving down to see the patient. He, meanwhile, has just rung to say they now think it's possible appendicitis (which they didn't think it was yesterday :roll: ) so an op could be in the offing. She's taking him a goody bag of toothbrush, towel and all the usual stuff. I guess she's on auto-pilot, just doing what has to be done and ready to deal, later, with the consequences. She really appreciates all your kind thoughts.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Thanks for letting us know Sticky,fingers crossed for both of them.Mig
  • kathe
    kathe Member Posts: 183
    Options
    Sending you good thoughts. Best wisches to you DD :-)
    Kathe
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Thanks Sticky, Awe DD you poor wee soul you are having a time of it wish I stayed close by to give a hand, here's hoping the tum is settling down now, poor OH hopefully not appendicitis and nothing to serious, sending you both some ((((()))))s................tc................Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • ShulaArcher
    ShulaArcher Member Posts: 174
    Options
    Lots of positive thoughts being sent from me to DD and Mr DD.

Thanks for the update SW.

Shula
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    to dd and mr dd sorry to hear of this terrible time you are having i do hope that you are feeling much better now and that mr dd is not to bad take it easy rest up and take your time val
    val
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Oh DD I do hope you manged to get that food down....and I hope that Mr DD makes a good recovery whatever it is ....(((((()))) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,936
    Options
    Thank you Sticky
    hello DD
    i wish i lived closer to you i would be over there to help.
    i hope you find out whats wrong soon.
    ((((((((DD))))))))
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Options
    Am so sorry to hear of your further troubles DD and do hope that Mr DD will soon be on the mend. Do try and look after yourself in his absence and try not to worry too much (easier said than done I know). Let us know how you both get on. We are all thinking of you. ((())) Beryl
  • mike26
    mike26 Member Posts: 416
    Options
    you get well soon dd
    and try taking it easy,
    god bless mike26 ...
  • shandy4greenday
    shandy4greenday Member Posts: 344
    Options
    So sorry to hear this news DD I really hope you feel better soon and the other half gets sorted also very soon xx
  • Nicchick
    Nicchick Member Posts: 191
    Options
    Just catching up on this and I am very local so if DD or anyone in *real world* contact sees this and there's anything I can do please DM me - I'll keep logging in.

Nic x
  • Milly8
    Milly8 Member Posts: 114
    Options
    Hope you and other half get better soon x
    Bye for now
    Milly
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Thanks Sticky for being PA
    Aww DD.....I'm so sorry to hear about all of this...Mr DD and then you as well.
    I hope they get a def. dioagnosis for him
    As for you....Is it Daisy you are driving now.....not his car?
    I hope it is.
    What can I say......what everyone else has said....I wish I was closer
    Sending you both loads of ((((()))))
    Try to eat because of your meds {no matter how little} You need to keep your strength up as much as possible if he is going to be in hospital and ill.
    Praying for both of you
    Love
    Hileena
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Just sending hugs to both you and mr dd
    I am thinking of you
    Love Julie x
  • frogmella
    frogmella Member Posts: 1,111
    Options
    Sorry, I only just saw this.

So sorry to hear what you are going through DD. Thanks SW for the update.

I hope that Mr DD recovers soon and that DD can get some rest to recover from this ordeal.

Big ((((()))))

Love Helen
  • numptynora
    numptynora Member Posts: 782
    Options
    Aww DD, I can only echo what everyone else has said and sending you
    ((((hugs))))) it seems to be one thing after another for you,

Take care and don't push yourself too hard (famous last words)

Numps x
    Numps x
    Pets come into our lives, and then leave paw-prints on our hearts.