Have a laugh

Options

Comments

• rondetto
    rondetto Member Posts: 2,526
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I was flying from Manchester to Alicante. By the time we took off, there had been a 45-minute delay and everybody on board was ticked. Unexpectedly, we stopped in Gatwick on the way. The flight attendant explained that there would be another 45-minute delay, and if we wanted to get off the aircraft, we would reboard in thirty minutes.

Everybody got off the plane except one gentleman who was blind. I noticed him as I walked by and could tell he had flown before because his seeing eye dog lay quietly underneath the seats in front of him throughout the entire flight. I could also tell he had flown this very flight before because the pilot approached him and, calling him by name, said, "Keith, we're in Gatwick for almost an hour. Would you like to get off and stretch your legs?"

Keith replied, "No thanks, but maybe my dog would like to stretch his legs. Would you take him for me please?"

Now picture this. All the people in the gate area came to a completely quiet standstill when they looked up and saw the pilot walk off the plane with a seeing eye dog! The pilot was even wearing sunglasses that day. People scattered not only trying to change planes but also trying to change airlines!
  • rondetto
    Options
    A small two-seater Cessna 152 plane crashed into a cemetery early this afternoon in central Poland.
    Polish search and rescue workers have recovered 300 bodies so far and expect that number to climb as digging continues into the evening
    . :D
  • rondetto
    Options
    A lawyer defending a man accused of burglary tried this creative defense: "My client merely inserted his arm into the window and removed a few trifling articles. His arm is not himself, and I fail to see how you can punish the whole individual for an offense committed by his limb."
    "Well put," the judge replied. "Using your logic, I sentence the defendant's arm to one year's imprisonment. He can accompany it or not, as he chooses."
    The defendant smiled. With his lawyer's assistance he detached his artificial limb, laid it on the bench, and walked out.
    :D
  • rondetto
    Options
    It is near the Christmas break of the school year. The students have turned in all their work and there is really nothing more to do. All the children are restless and the teacher decides to have an early dismissal.

Teacher: “Whoever answers the questions I ask, first and correctly can leave early today.”

Little Johnny says to himself “Good, I want to get outta here. I’m smart and will answer the question.”

Teacher: “Who said ‘Four Score and Seven Years Ago’?”

Before Johnny can open his mouth, Susie says, “Abraham Lincoln.”

Teacher: “That’s right Susie, you can go home.”

Johnny is mad that Susie answered the question first.

Teacher: “Who said ‘I Have a Dream’?”

Before Johnny can open his mouth, Mary says, “Martin Luther King.”

Teacher: “That’s right Mary, you can go.”

Johnny is even madder than before.

Teacher: “Who said ‘Ask not, what your country can do for you’?”

Before Johnny can open his mouth, Nancy says, “John F. Kennedy.”

Teacher: “That’s right Nancy, you may also leave.”

Johnny is boiling mad that he has not been able to answer to any of the questions.

When the teacher turns her back Johnny says, “I wish these girls would keep their mouths shut!”

The teacher turns around: “NOW WHO SAID THAT?”

Johnny: “TIGER WOODS AND JOHN TERRY, CAN I GO NOW?"
  • rondetto
    Options
    Hey diddle, diddle, the cat took a piddle,
    All over the bedside clock.
    The little dog laughed to see such fun.
    Then died of electric shock.

Georgie Porgy pudding and pie,
    Kissed the girls and made them cry.
    And when the boys came out to play,
    He kissed them too 'cause he was gay.

Jack and Jill went up the hill
    To have a little fun.
    Stupid Jill forgot the pill
    And now they have a son.
  • rondetto
    Options
    They're Back! Those wonderful Church Bulletins! Thank God for church ladies with typewriters. These sentences (with all the BLOOPERS) actually appeared in church bulletins or were announced in church services:

The Fasting & Prayer Conference includes meals..
    The sermon this morning: 'Jesus Walks on the Water.' The sermon tonight: 'Searching for Jesus.'
    Ladies, don't forget the rummage sale. It's a chance to get rid of those things not worth keeping around the house. Bring your husbands.
    Remember in prayer the many who are sick of our community. Smile at someone who is hard to love. Say 'Hell' to someone who doesn't care much about you.
    Don't let worry kill you off - let the Church help.
    Miss Charlene Mason sang 'I will not pass this way again,' giving obvious pleasure to the congregation.
    Next Thursday there will be tryouts for the choir. They need all the help they can get..
    Irving Benson and Jessie Carter were married on October 24 in the church. So ends a friendship that began in their school days.
    At the evening service tonight, the sermon topic will be 'What Is Hell?' Come early and listen to our choir practice.
    Eight new choir robes are currently needed due to the addition of several new members and to the deterioration of some older ones.
    Scouts are saving aluminum cans, bottles and other items to be recycled. Proceeds will be used to cripple children.
    Please place your donation in the envelope along with the deceased person you want remembered.
    The church will host an evening of fine dining, super entertainment and gracious hostility.
    Potluck supper Sunday at 5:00 PM - prayer and medication to follow.
    The ladies of the Church have cast off clothing of every kind. They may be seen in the basement on Friday afternoon.
    This evening at 7 PM there will be a hymn singing in the park across from the Church. Bring a blanket and come prepared to sin.

The pastor would appreciate it if the ladies of the Congregation would lend him their electric girdles for the pancake breakfast next Sunday.
    Low Self Esteem Support Group will meet Thursday at 7 PM . Please use the back door.
    The eighth-graders will be presenting Shakespeare's Hamlet in the Church basement Friday at 7 PM . The congregation is invited to attend this tragedy.
    Weight Watchers will meet at 7 PM at the First Presbyterian Church. Please use large double door at the side entrance.
    The Associate Minister unveiled the church's new campaign slogan last Sunday: 'I Upped My Pledge - Up Yours. :):D
  • rondetto
    Options
    Why English is hard to learn:
    We'll begin with a box, the plural is boxes,

But the plural of ox becomes oxen, not oxes.

One fowl is a goose, but two are called geese,

Yet the plural of moose should never be meese.

You may find a lone mouse or a nest full of mice,

Yet the plural of house is houses, not hice.

If the plural of man is always called men,

Why shouldn't the plural of pan be called pen?

If I speak of my foot and show you my feet,

And I give you a boot, would a pair be called beet?

If one is a tooth and a whole set are teeth,

Why shouldn't the plural of booth be called beeth?

Then one may be that, and three would be those,

Yet hat in the plural would never be hose,

And the plural of cat is cats, not cose.

We speak of a brother and also of brethren,

But though we say mother, we never say methren.

Then the masculine pronouns are he, his and him,

But imagine the feminine: she, shis and shim!

Let's face it - English is a crazy language.

There is no egg in eggplant nor ham in hamburger;

neither apple nor pine in pineapple.

English muffins weren't invented in England .

We take English for granted, but if we explore its paradoxes, we find that quicksand can work slowly, boxing rings are square, and a guinea pig is neither from Guinea nor is it a pig.

And why is it that writers write but fingers don't fing, grocers don't groce and hammers don't ham?

Doesn't it seem crazy that you can make amends but not one amend.

If you have a bunch of odds and ends and get rid of all but one of them, what do you call it?

If teachers taught, why didn't preachers praught?

If a vegetarian eats vegetables, what does a humanitarian eat?

Sometimes I think all the folks who grew up speaking English should be committed to an asylum for the verbally insane.

In what other language do people recite at a play and play at a recital?

We ship by truck but send cargo by ship.

We have noses that run and feet that smell.

We park in a driveway and drive in a parkway.

And how can a slim chance and a fat chance be the same,

while a wise man and a wise guy are opposites?

You have to marvel at the unique lunacy of a language in which your house can burn up as it burns down,

in which you fill in a form by filling it out, and in which an alarm goes off by going on.

And in closing, if Father is Pop, how come Mother's not Mop?
    :shock:
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,485
    Options
    Hi Ron
    I love the english language one!! So true and funny too :)
    Thanks
    Frogy x
  • rondetto
    Options
    Ta Frogy: This is old but still funny:

A man could not decide between reed and stringed instruments, so he puchased an alto saxophone and a couple of fiddles. He lived in a small apartment and doesn`t really have a good place to keep them so he built a rack that fits over the television set. His wife, however, won`t let him keep them there.

she says that there is already too much sax and violins on TV....
  • rondetto
    Options
    EVER SINCE I WAS A CHILD, I'VE ALWAYS HAD A FEAR OF SOMEONE UNDER MY BED AT NIGHT. SO I WENT TO A SHRINK AND TOLD HIM 'I've got problems. Every time I go to bed I think there's somebody under it. I'm scared. I think I'm going crazy.'

'Just put yourself in my hands for one year,' said the shrink. 'Come talk to me three times a week and we should be able to get rid of those fears..'

'How much do you charge?'

'Eighty Pounds per visit,' replied the doctor.

'I'll sleep on it,' I said.

Six months later the doctor met me on the street. 'Why didn't you come to see me about those fears you were having?' he asked.

'Well, Eighty quid a visit three times a week for a year is an awful lot of money! A bartender cured me for £10.. I was so happy to have saved all that money that I went and bought me a new pickup!'

'Is that so!' With a bit of an attitude he said, 'and how, may I ask, did a bartender cure you?'

'He told me to cut the legs off the bed! - Ain't nobody under there now!!!'

FORGET THE SHRINKS...

HAVE A DRINK & TALK TO A BARTENDER!
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Options
    thats funny so much money gets wasted :lol:
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • rondetto
    Options
    Keep em coming.

I rang my mate earlier, this was his answering machine:

If you are the phone company, I already sent the money.

If you are my parents, please send money.

If you are my financial aid institution, you didn't lend me enough money.

If you are my friends, you owe me money.

If you are a female, don't worry, I have plenty of money.

Options
    Last year I replaced all the windows in my house with those expensive double pane energy efficient kind, but today I got a call from the contractor who installed them. He was complaining that the work had been completed a whole year ago and I hadn't paid for them yet.

Hellloooo? Now just because I'm blonde doesn't mean that I am automatically stupid. So, I told him just what his fast talking sales guy had told ME last year...namely, that in just ONE YEAR these windows would pay for themselves! Helllooooo? It's been a year!

There was only silence at the other end of the line, so I finally just hung up.... He didn't call back. Guess I won that stupid argument
  • rondetto
    Options
    Two morons stand on a cliff with their arms outstretched. One has some budgies lined up on each arm, the other has parrots lined up on his arms.

After a couple of minutes, they both leap off the cliff and fall to the ground.

Laying next to each other in intensive care at the hospital, one moron says to the other, "I don't think much of this budgie jumping."

The other moron replies, "Yeah, I'm not too keen on this parotgliding either."
  • rondetto
    Options
    Have you ever wondered?
    Why the sun lightens our hair, but darkens
    our skin?

Why women can't put on mascara with their
    mouth closed?

Why don't you ever see the headline "Psychic
    Wins Lottery"?

Why is "abbreviated" such a long word?

*Why is it that doctors call what they do
    "practice"?

Why is lemon juice made with artificial
    flavor, and dish washing liquid made with
    real lemons?

Why is the man who invests all your money
    called a broker?

Why is the time of day with the slowest
    traffic called rush hour?

Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?

When dog food is new and improved tasting,
    who tests it?

Why didn't Noah swat those two mosquitoes?

Why do they sterilize the needle for lethal
    injections?

You know that indestructible black box that
    is used on airplanes? Why don't they make the
    whole plane out of that stuff??

Why don't sheep shrink when it rains?

Why are they called apartments when they are
    all stuck together?

If con is the opposite of pro, is Congress
    the opposite of progress?

If flying is so safe, why do they call the
    airport the terminal?
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Options
    a reminder to self buy tenna ladies :lol:
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • frogmorton
    Options
    The perfect woman survived. She's the only one who really existed in the first place. Everyone knows there is no Santa Claus and there is no such thing as a perfect man. Women stop reading here. That is the end of the joke.

Men keep'a scrollin'...

So, if there is no perfect man and no Santa Claus, the perfect woman must have been driving. And that explains why there was a car accident. By the way, if you're a woman and you're reading this, this illustrates another point: Women never listen, either.[/quote]

I kept scrolling....
    WHAT???!!!
    Toni x (not listening!)
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Thanks Del, Rehab and Berty :)
    (even if Rehab's WAs a bit rude :oops: )

And as ever Ron :D:lol::lol:
    Toni x
  • rondetto
    Options
    A man and his wife were having some problems at home and were giving each
    other the silent treatment.

Suddenly, the man realized that the next day, he would need his wife to wake
    him at 5:00 AM for an early morning business flight. Not wanting to be the
    first to break the silence (and LOSE), he wrote on a piece of paper, "Please
    wake me at 5:00am"

He left it where he knew she would find it.

The next morning, the man woke up, only to discover it was 9:00am and he had
    missed his flight. Furious, he was about to go and see why his wife hadn't
    wakened him, when he noticed a piece of paper by the bed. The paper said,
    "It is 5:00am. Wake up."
  • rondetto
    Options
    Jack decided to go skiing with his buddy, Bob. So they loaded up Jack's minivan and headed north. After driving for a few hours, they got caught in a terrible blizzard. So they pulled into a nearby farm and asked the attractive lady who answered he door if they could spend the night. "I realize it's terrible weather out there and I have this huge house all to myself, but I'm recently widowed," she explained. "I'm afraid the neighbors will talk if I let you stay in my house."

"Don't worry," Jack said. "We'll be happy to sleep in the barn. And if the weather breaks, we'll be gone at first light." The lady agreed, and the two men found their way to the barn and settled in for the night. Come morning, the weather had cleared, and they got on their way. They enjoyed a great weekend of skiing.

But about nine months later, Jack got an unexpected letter from an attorney. It took him a few minutes to figure it out, but he finally determined that it was from the attorney of that attractive widow he had met on the ski weekend. He dropped in on his friend Bob and asked, "Bob, do you remember that good-looking widow from the farm we stayed at on our ski holiday up north about 9 months ago?"

"Yes, I do." said Bob

"Did you, er, happen to get up in the middle of the night, go up to the house and pay her a visit?"

"Well, um, yes," Bob said, a little embarrassed about being found out "I have to admit that I did."

"And did you happen to use my name instead of telling her your name?"

Bob's face turned beet red and he said, "Yeah, look, I'm sorry, buddy. I'm afraid I did." "Why do you ask?"

"She just died and left me everything."
  • rondetto
    Options
    A cross-section survey of 1000 people in the UK, made up of Afghans, Albanians, Pakistanis, Indians, Poles, Iraqis, Somalis, Bosnians, Turks, Moldovans, Latvians, Lithuanians, Bangladeshis, Ethiopians, Russians, Congolese, Zimbabweans, Portuguese and Nigerians were asked if they thought Britain should change its currency to the Euro.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > 99.9% said "No", they were happy with the Giro..
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    IT'S HELL GETTING OLD!

OLD people have problems that you haven't even considered yet!
    An 85-year-old man was requested by his doctor for a sperm count as part of his physical exam.
    The doctor gave the man a jar and said, 'Take this jar home and bring back a semen sample tomorrow.'
    The next day the 85-year-old man reappeared at the doctor's office and gave him the jar, which was as clean and empty as on the previous day.
    The doctor asked what happened and the man explained, 'Well, doc, it's like this--first I tried with my right hand, but nothing. Then I tried with my left hand, but still nothing.
    'Then I asked my wife for help. She tried with her right hand, then with her left, still nothing. She tried with her mouth, first with the teeth in, then with her teeth out, still nothing.
    'We even called up Arleen, the lady next door and she tried too, first with both hands, then an armpit, and she even tried squeezin' it between her knees, but still nothing.'
    The doctor was shocked! 'You asked your neighbor?'
    The old man replied, 'Yep, none of us could get the jar open.'

Joy
  • rondetto
    Options
    The young woman sat in her stalled car, waiting for help. Finally two men walked up to her. "I'm out of gas," she purred. "Could you push me to the gas station?"
    The men readily put their muscles to the car and rolled it several blocks. After a while, one looked up, exhausted, to see that they had just passed a filling station.
    "How come you didn't turn in?" he yelled.
    "I never go there," the girl shouted back. "It's a penny cheaper a litre 5 miles down the road."
  • rondetto
    Options
    How's Your Hearing!!! Paddy goes to the revival and listens to the preacher. After a while, the preacher asks anyone with needs to come forward and be prayed over. Paddy gets in line. When it's his turn the preacher says, "Paddy, what you want me to pray about?"
    Paddy says, "Preacher, I need you to pray for my hearing." So the preacher puts one finger in Paddy's ear and the other hand on top of his head and prays a while. After a few minutes, he removes his hands and says, "Paddy, how's your hearing now?"
    Paddy says, "I don't know preacher, it's not until next Wednesday in Dublin."
  • rondetto
    Options
    Mildred, 93, was despondent over the recent death of her husband
    Earl, so
    she decided to just kill herself and join him in death.

Thinking it would be best to get it over with quickly, she took out
    Earl's
    old Army pistol and made the decision to shoot herself in the
    heart
    since it was so badly broken in the first place.

Not wanting to miss the vital organ and become a vegetable and a burden
    to
    someone, she called her doctor's office to learn her heart's exact
    location.

"Since you're a woman," the doctor said, "your heart is just below
    your
    left breast. Why do you ask?"

She hung up without answering.

That night Mildred was admitted to the hospital with a gunshot wound
    to
    her knee.