A new forum club

Options

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    ironic wrote:
    I sincerely hope you are listening to the Archers while you Sunday iron :D Lv Ixfounder member of the Archer club :wink:

Oh YES! Or doing my exercises! :D

I was able to listen today at 2.00 p.m. which was good, I was ironing (well, I never!) :lol:

Hope you are ok,

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    tillytop wrote:
    Joan, please may I join too?

My own personal slogan will be "no ironing, more gardening"!

Elna, I think you might regret this!!!

Love TIlly xx

Oh, I do the gardening as well, Tilly, must go and polish my halo! :D

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • kathbee
    kathbee Member Posts: 934
    Options
    elnafinn wrote:
    tillytop wrote:
    Joan, please may I join too?

My own personal slogan will be "no ironing, more gardening"!

Elna, I think you might regret this!!!

Love TIlly xx

Oh, I do the gardening as well, Tilly, must go and polish my halo! :D

Luv
    Elna x

Saint Elna

I salute you,
    but
    HOW the heck do you do it.????????

Actually I do know,
    guts and determination of which you
    have bucket loads my dear friend.

Love Kath x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Oh can I join this unique club :P I have ironed my sons clothes and my hubby's for over 40 years :shock: then one day not long ago , my hubby said do you want me to take over the ironing :shock: :shock: :) Oh bliss...I sit and watch, he loves it...and does a good job t6032.gif mind you I have always done the garden and the decorating....so I think he has got off lightly :)
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • page35
    page35 Member Posts: 1,081
    Options
    Hi
    Can i join too
    i dont iron and never did, much to the disgrace of the OHs mum :roll: :lol:
    i once ironed a shirt for the OH when he had a job interview, he didnt get the job, so that was a waste of time. :lol:
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,427
    Options
    Shouldn't bother with that malarky then Sharon :roll:

No point :?

Love

Toni xx
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    rondetto wrote:
    Since my wife broke her arm and shoulder last year, I've been the cook, washer man, ironer etc etc .

In fact I don't mind ironing, I'm a sort of perfectionist, I like to see everything neat and tidy.
    I change the bed every week, even iron the duvet cover, I've had one telling off.....that was for ironing my wife's panties. She said she didn't want them ironed, but I still iron my undies.

Ron
    xxx

Ron, I think any man who is willing to take on the ironing in the way you have, deserves to be an honorary member of this club. Ironing the undies is carrying things a bit too far though. Who do you think is going to see them??

However I award you a medal for Outstanding Duty to Ironing. I will arrange for the van to call round to your place as well as Elna's, to drop off all the ironing that the rest of the members can't be bothered to do. I hope that is OK with you :D:D
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • joanlawson
    Options
    WELCOME to all new members :!: :D

I will be issuing T-shirts to everyone, with the club slogan on the front.

GO CREASED AND BE LIBERATED

Please remember to screw them up after washing to ensure that they remain as creased as possible.
  • mummyb
    mummyb Member Posts: 1,231
    Options
    Joan I am honoured to be invited to be the Vice President, thank you so much for your vote of confidence dear President, I am willing and able for duty, just say the word. I liked the slogans very much and think we hould have them embroidered on banners that we can present at any function we hold/attend or if we decide to protest. I think we should campaign to have ironing banned in civilised society - what do you think girls!!!! Ooh I need to lay down now all this glory has gone to my head

so......... remember girls ........lets fly the flag for our cause
    GO CREASED AND BE LIBERATED
    NO GUILT FOR ME GIRLS uk.gif

So lets PRESS ahead with our plans!!!!!
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Hi Brenda

I'm so glad that you accept the position of Vice President, and I see that you are one of our more militant members.

we should campaign to have ironing banned in civilised society

I quite agree that we should parade our crumpled banners at every opportunity. We could start at the top, with a visit to Downing Street. David Cameron and Nick Clegg look far too smooth and uncreased for my liking. Perhaps we should go and ruffle them up a bit. What do you think :?:
  • mummyb
    mummyb Member Posts: 1,231
    Options
    You could be right el presidente although what I think of those two is not really printable!!!

So we will need to rally the troops and get ourselves organised, they might need to use their helicopter, bus etc so will have to arrange it in between everyone's appointments etc.

Send the call out as soon as possible, phew I think I need to calm down a bit, getting carried away lol xxxx
  • joanlawson
    Options
    I hereby award you a Medal of Outstanding Duty to Ironing, Rehab.

You can join Elna and Ron in doing the ironing that the rest of us can't be bothered with. I'll send the van round to drop mine off tomorrow.
    Please don't starch my undies though.
  • snowball
    snowball Member Posts: 3,465
    Options
    Joan can I join your club :?: I hate Ironing infact I have not done any for weeks, when I went to the hospital on Tuesday my t-shirt was creased :roll: but I did not care. My mum hasn't done any ironing in years my dad does it all and he loves it, he likes things ironed properly :roll: probably because he was in the forces.

Julie
    ((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all
  • minky67
    minky67 Member Posts: 2,328
    Options
    joanlawson wrote:
    I hereby award you a Medal of Outstanding Duty to Ironing, Rehab.

You can join Elna and Ron in doing the ironing that the rest of us can't be bothered with. I'll send the van round to drop mine off tomorrow.
    Please don't starch my undies though.
    why would you want your undies ironed let alone starched :shock: ive never ironed undies, duvets,sheets, towels or anything else thats going to be scrumpled up again as soon as you get in them or use them, tea towels included. :roll: :shock: I see no point.
    debs
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Welcome to the club, Julie :D:D

Debs, I wouldn't dream of ironing my undies. It was Ron who said that he irons them ( not mine :!: )
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    wow what a club :shock:

not sure which part of the club I really belong to though :? as I hate to see crumpled clothes, and am really proud when I've done the ironing as everything looks and feels so much better, but having developed arthur I find that I dread and loath doing said ironing :roll:

My hubby has taken to ironing his own shirts, after a fashion :wink::lol::lol: , and has even braved the infrenal steam generator that we have ..... it frightens him really :lol::lol::lol::lol:

When I got home from the Arthritis Care AGM last saturday he proudly showed me the 10 shirts he had ironed :shock: (do you remember how hot it was last saturday :?: :shock: :o

I have to say I was impressed with him, and he is now able to iron 6 shirts an hour (it used to take him 20 mins per shirt :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: )

so ..... in our house only shirts, dresses and 'best' t-shirts really get ironed, and I am takign more care over hanging things as soon as the washer finishes so that creases are at a minimum

I'd def initely subscribe to the ironing service Elna et al are providing :wink:

wonky
  • joanlawson
    Options
    having developed arthur I find that I dread and loath doing said ironing

Hi Wonky, and welcome to the club. I think you should definitely become a member as you say you dread and loath ironing. Congratulations on having trained your husband so well :!: :D
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,427
    Options
    Well Joan

I am amazed!!

What a wonderful group you have started :shock:

Should we have a 'stick it in the tumble dryer - the creases will soon drop out' faction too???

Sorry having some trouble emboldening things today :oops:

So exited about our movement and impending liberation
    :D

May The sun shine down upon the crumpled

Love

Toni xx
  • joanlawson
    Options
    frogmorton wrote:
    Well Joan

I am amazed!!

What a wonderful group you have started :shock:

Should we have a 'stick it in the tumble dryer - the creases will soon drop out' faction too???

Sorry having some trouble emboldening things today :oops:

So exited about our movement and impending liberation

May The sun shine down upon the crumpled

Love

Toni xx

Hi Toni

I am amazed too :!: It shows how many people hate ironing, doesn't it :?: As well as your ''stick it in the tumble drier-the creases will soon drop out''faction, we also have a''drip it dry and then wear it'' group.

Now that our ironing boards will no longer be needed, I would like suggestions as to alternative uses for them. I have decided to convert mine to a surf board.

t31199.gif
  • Rainbow77
    Rainbow77 Member Posts: 275
    Options
    This thread is fantastic - Joan you do come up with some great ideas. I bet it was really fun to be in your class. he he he. :lol::lol::lol:

I would love to join this group. I do own a very cheap model iron which I brought as a student but not an ironing board.

I did have an ironing board that belonged to my Grandma but the legs became very bent and so I had to take it to the tip. I know this does not sound funny, but it makes me laugh just thinking about it. I put it in the front passenger seat of the car when I went to the tip. As you pull up, the man checks the contents and tells you where to put everything. So he says 'is that ironing board coming out love?' Um, I think it is that is why I have brought it to the tip, I wondered if he thought I was going to drive round with it in my car for company or something!! Anyway he directed me to the metal bit for it. That was about 3 or 4 years ago and I have resisted the urge to buy a new one. I have come very close on a couple of occasions - but just about managed not to buy one.

Gosh some of them are so dear!!!

I only iron what I really need to, not much now though as don't need to look that smart for job. Used to wear pressed shirts before arthur came along - not now though.

Thanks everyone - keep up the good work Joan on here.

Fxxxxx

Anyway - hope I can join. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    Options
    sub group needed for tumble dryer people! or an associated group?not sure how many i have had but lets put it this way when one breaks i have to get a replacement the same day!! whatever is in stock gets put in back of car.
    p.s. bring your washing in, its pouring down.
  • joanlawson
    edited 17. Jul 2010, 11:33
    Options
    Hi Rainbow

You are very welcome to join the club, and congratulations on resisting buying a new ironing board :!: :lol::lol:

Thank you for your comments about the thread, and I hope it was fun in any of my classes. Well, my lessons made me laugh, anyway :!: :lol::lol:
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    elnafinn wrote:
    :D:D I like ironing. :D:D I find it therapeutic. Mad or what? No need to answer. :wink: It is even better if you get paid for it, which I no longer do, but I still do not mind ironing.

I could not send my hubby out to work with a crumpled shirt. I have ironed his shirts for 34 years. Every single one of them. I like to put on clothes that have been ironed they feel and look so much better and nicer.

I iron my son's shirts each week now and have done since my grand daughter was born nearly two years ago. He is such a hands on dad along with a full time job and often lots of extra hours too, that is the least I can do for him, otherwise he would have to iron them himself. :lol::lol: I also bake GF food for him each week ....... I like to feel useful :D:D His partner does not mind at all, it helps her! :D

So I shall watch this "I hate to iron club" with interest to see if I am the only person on the forum that likes to iron. :D

I iron nearly every day or I get withdrawal symptoms. :lol::lol: I have bad OA in my thumbs, but I will not let that stop me ironing. :lol:

Elna x

I dont mind ironing cos I can watch television and sit down. I never ask others to iron. I have had ironing help but they were never up to my standards!!!!
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Oh dear I thought everybody ironed. My mum instilled this in me Im afraid as she used to iron everything and work too.
    I am guilty of buying non- iron shirts and I iron them!!!!! I get very cross cos OH shuffles all his freshly ironed T- shirts around in the drawyer making them all creased again so that is really a waste of my time.

Draw a line at pants and tea towels though and often the bedding gets put back on un- ironed.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • joanlawson
    Options
    oneday wrote:
    sub group needed for tumble dryer people! or an associated group?not sure how many i have had but lets put it this way when one breaks i have to get a replacement the same day!! whatever is in stock gets put in back of car.
    p.s. bring your washing in, its pouring down.

I try not to use my tumble dryer through the summer, but wouldn't be without it in the winter. I'm all in favour of anything where you can just put the clothes in, push a button, and forget it!!

t1043.gif