A new forum club

Options

Comments

• rondetto
    rondetto Member Posts: 2,526
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I quite like ironing, I use the Comfort Vaporese which gives the clothes a lovely aroma. I once tried Tesco's own brand but it has a horrid smell so binned it.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    Options
    rondetto wrote:
    I quite like ironing, I use the Comfort Vaporese which gives the clothes a lovely aroma. I once tried Tesco's own brand but it has a horrid smell so binned it.

Elna's is lovely Ron...

might be c*mfort or wait*ose??
  • rondetto
    rondetto Member Posts: 2,526
    Options
    Not seen that one Toni, as you say it might be a Waitrose and we haven't got one near us.
    xxx
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Our nearest is Lichfield so i make a point if going when I'm there :D

Love

Toni xx
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    That's my nearest as well, Toni. We Midlanders don't get many Waitroses, do we :?: Not posh enough :!: :roll:
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    :lol::lol:I wish we had an As*a, Tes*o or any of the other supermarkets near us that I could cycle to! Would be much cheaper. The choice is Wai**ose, M&S local or Sa***bury's local. I like to do the shopping to keep the peace with hubby. He and food shopping is not a particularly good mix. :roll: :wink::lol:
    There wasn't much ironing today, which was just as well as a little busy with other things. :wink:

Will need another load to do tomorrow though. Bring them on!

Night, night,
    Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • mummyb
    mummyb Member Posts: 1,231
    Options
    Well team we need to say a big thank you to Elna for doing such a fab job with all our i***ing. Keep up the good work girl and thank you so much for saving us from i***ing hell. g10285.gif xxxxxxx
    These are for you Elna to say thanks for all your hard work xxxxxx
  • elnafinn
    Options
    Aw Dear Brenda, what a thoughtful idea, thank you so very much for the beautiful bouquet. I have never had so many roses all at once. I shall enjoy decreasing even more today, if that is possible, along with admiring the flowers. Best not look too long, don't wish to burn anything! :oops: :D Life really is bliss, decreasing the forum's clothes and bed linen and receiving such a huge bouquet. I could wish for nothing more. :D:D:D:D
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Hi Elna

We have clubbed together and bought you a new i**n and i***ing board because yours must be getting worn out by now.

t6003.gif

Keep up the good work :!: :!: :D:D
  • elnafinn
    Options
    Aw, that is very thoughtful of you. Did not like to ask! :oops: :) As long as the ir** is the lightest one around that you could find!

Had such an enjoyable day decreasing. Thank you one and all. :D:D:D:D It is all ready to be collected. :lol:

I hope you are all using your spare time well :wink::D

Luv
    Elna x

• elnafinn
    Options
    babycham wrote:
    Elna thankyou so much for doing my ironing ......Wot is wrong with my o/h He is trying to convince me he can see a basket full of unironed shirts ....Not possible think he needs to cut down on his beer bless imxxxL/Babycham :? :? :?

Hi Cham, my ironing is not so bad is it, :? that they are arrive back not looking too good!!!I think OH will either have to cut down on the beers or have a few more! :lol:

Elna x

• frogmorton
    Options
    Hi Cham

OH is hallucinating!!

For sure Elna has emptied MY ironing basket beautifully :)

It must be sa**bury's ironing water then - lovely Elna :D

Love

Toni xx

Ps will get tomorrow's load up for 6 am if that's ok?
  • elnafinn
    Options
    :D:D:D Good morning, Toni, just put my washing on the line but mainly towels so only two items to decrease for us this morning. Your basket arrived safely, thank you! Was in porch, safely tucked in the corner. I did not hear the delivery. Will be able to finish them all before we go out to lunch to celebrate a friends Ruby wedding anniversary! :D Will be on next delivery back to you! :lol:

Enjoy your "spare" time! :lol::lol:

Luv
    Elna x

• frogmorton
    Options
    Hope the anniversary 'do' was good Elna?? :)

Thanks for the ironing - done to your usual very high standard :wink:

Do you ever iron outside when it's sunny like today??

Love

And thanks

Toni xx
  • elnafinn
    Options
    Hi Toni

Lots of champagne which I love, so it was a good do, a lovely lunch in an excellent restaurant with wonderful views. Pre drinks were taken outside, meal inside, back outside for photos and the chosen few went back to their home for more champers and food! I was the only one there 40 years on, who was at their wedding.

I used to I*** outside all the time in the sunshine, but never now as it no longer appears to agree with me, not even for a short time.

Pleased to hear the ironing was upto "Toni's standards". :lol:

Love
    Elna x

• frogmorton
    Options
    Elna

That sounded lovely :) Glad you had a good time :)

I used to I**n outside too - of course this was way before the days when I saw the 'light' and passed the stuff over to you.....

Of course up to the usual high standards as I would expect.

Sorry not as much as usual as kids at their Dad's - mind you expect a glut when they get home :shock:

LOve

Toni xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Ironing (filthy, FILTHY word) HAS to be done in the kitchen whilst listening to the radio - there is no other way. I have to empty The Husbands wash bin today, deep joy. Sock counting, ugh. Bore chore of the week, but tempered by the promise of ironing his Charles Tyrrhits and the solitary Turnbull and Asser shirt. Beautiful cotton, beautifully made, they come up so crisp they crackle. Gorgeous. Your renegade member, DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Options
    I must be quite sad as I like ironing but hate putting it all away so i leave that to the rest of the family! Can i still join the club? X
  • frogmorton
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Ironing (filthy, FILTHY word) HAS to be done in the kitchen whilst listening to the radio - there is no other way. I have to empty The Husbands wash bin today, deep joy. Sock counting, ugh. Bore chore of the week, but tempered by the promise of ironing his Charles Tyrrhits and the solitary Turnbull and Asser shirt. Beautiful cotton, beautifully made, they come up so crisp they crackle. Gorgeous. Your renegade member, DD

Shame on you :?

I can hear the pleasure in your voice :shock:
  • frogmorton
    Options
    maria09 wrote:
    I must be quite sad as I like ironing but hate putting it all away so i leave that to the rest of the family! Can i still join the club? X

A bit worrying this one I need to refer you to our laeder, but there may be an opening for you as second in command to Elna??

If, of course, she tales annual leave or requires the day off etc....

I hope you can be saved Maria ....

I really do.....
  • elnafinn
    Options
    Hi Maria

You are very welcome to help me out with all the "decreasing". We cannot join the club as we love ir**ing but we help them all out as their clean laundry is sent over to me to deal with and you too, if you would like that. :D:D

It is such a great feeling to see all the baskets ready to be collected by the delivery guy, all pressed and neat and decreased!! :D:lol:

Luv
    Elna x

• joanlawson
    Options
    maria09 wrote:

Sorry, Maria, but you must HATE i***ing to become a club member. However, we can arrange for the bus which goes round to Elna's to stop off at your house too. We send her a steady stream of i***ing every day, so I'm sure she would appreciate some help.

Joan :D
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Morning Elna

I ran out of Washing so stole some of Cris' as she is busy atm. Can you give it a quick press for her?

Tanks

Toni xx

Ps can try out your new helper if you like see if she's any good??
  • elnafinn
    Options
    frogmorton wrote:
    Morning Elna

I ran out of Washing so stole some of Cris' as she is busy atm. Can you give it a quick press for her?

Tanks

Toni xx

Ps can try out your new helper if you like see if she's any good??

Only got an hour or so for ironing today as have to see a VIP little person today as is it her 2nd birthday. Will do my best or you could send them to Maria. You decide :)

Luv
    Elna x

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Elna
    How lovely two today, give Lola a great big hug from me, and have a lovely day (sure you will )
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara