A new forum club

Comments

• joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    mummyb wrote:
    Remember girls Life is far too short for ironing, we'll send it all to Elna or anyone else who was born with the ironing gene, while we find better and more enjoyable things to do!!!!! Stand firm and do not waver girls xxxxxxxxxxx

WELL SAID
    :!: :!: Brenda

Welcome to two new club members, Iris and Nina.

Nina nearly failed to gain membership, but I think she has seen the light now :!: It was my threat to kidnap her girls that did it :!: :D
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Just come to drop my ironing off if Elna would not mind. It's the sheet and duvet today.

Thank you.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Thanks to my current inclement state of health the iron has not seen the light of day since my last posting on this thread. You should all be mighty proud of me. I feel as tho something is missing, however. Your renegade member, DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,403
    Thanks Jooan

I didnt know what to do :shock: I was so worried for those children - wouldnt have wanted to see it on news at ten and us done nothing to help them.....

Reckon we are doing ok for new members eh?

Mind you am a bit worried that DD is 'pretending' to be one of us....what do you think?

ELNA!! EL-NA!!!!!

you coping ok? Thanks for mine - it's lovely - all pristine :)

Love

Toni xx
  • frogmorton
    Not sure Cham

Think Elna may be a miracle worker....

where do you want my iron??

It's ready in the box complete with instructions (mot been used much I am PROUD to say) :D

Love

Toni xx
  • frogmorton
    Oh Cham!!!

She would love that :wink:

What a kind thought - I'll pop mine round later :wink:

Love

Toni xx
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Totally agree with selling our irons, ladies, but let's buy a vat of wine with the money instead - we'll have much more fun and the ironing won't matter after a few glasses :)

Nx
  • frogmorton
    ninakang wrote:
    Totally agree with selling our irons, ladies, but let's buy a vat of wine with the money instead - we'll have much more fun and the ironing won't matter after a few glasses :)

Nx

Oh yeah!

and it'll cure our arthritis too :wink:
  • mummyb
    mummyb Member Posts: 1,231
    Now ladies, lets get this in perspective, it's ok to sell the irons, should get a good price, but we need to spend the money on ENJOYMENT and not steam presses. You see its like this, Elna is very happy ironing away just as she always has, and who are we to deprive her of that pleasure by giving her a press, it would take all the fun out of it. So, not sure if you agree, the best thing we can do is let Elna get on with doing what she loves and we should get on and do what we love which DOES NOT involve ironing or spending money on more irons! Well ladies, what do you think?
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    just thought when lads were little used to iron at night when they were in bed with a souther comfort and lemonade to help me get through it lol no wonder do not do any now as can not drink can not do one with out the other lol
    val
  • snowball
    snowball Member Posts: 3,465
    I have a little problem, as you know I am going away in October. Well my grandma is going with us and has an eye for all things creased :roll: Me well I would love to chuck things at my case and what lands I will take, advice please.

Julie x
    ((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    roll after smothing flat should come out ok well mine does when we go abroad lol
    val
  • snowball
    I know one thing for sure I aint Ironing :lol:

Julie x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    valval, did you really pack your children off to bed with a southern comfort? What was her name? Weren't your boys too young for those sorts of goings on? You really are a liberated parent! :shock: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • joanlawson
    snowball wrote:
    I have a little problem, as you know I am going away in October. Well my grandma is going with us and has an eye for all things creased :roll: Me well I would love to chuck things at my case and what lands I will take, advice please.

Julie x

Hi Julie

When I was going on holiday, I bought a couple of ''crinkle'' skirts and tops ( the ones that are already creased when you buy them ) You could tell your grandma that it is fashionable to be creased these days, and you wouldn't be wrong.
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Just surfaced from under all the ironing. :D I am sure you are all just doing extra washing now that I am doing everyone's ironing. :roll: Cheeky monkeys! You are right, I am quite happy with my very cheap, light iron :D:D and don't want presses or anything like that. :lol: Been out most of the day, so have worked overtime this evening. Got a full load in the washer here so they will be ready for the iron over tomorrow. I shall sleep well knowing that.
    Hope collection of laundry will be early tomorrow, getting a little cramped on our three bedroom semi!

Right, iron is sleeping and so shall I soon, with sweet dreams of decreasing the forums washing.

Happy days :lol:

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • snowball
    Joan I have bought a couple of crinkled skirts, and will get some crinkled tops. But I wont put it past my grandma to try and iron them :roll:

Julie x
  • frogmorton
    snowball wrote:
    Joan I have bought a couple of crinkled skirts, and will get some crinkled tops. But I wont put it past my grandma to try and iron them :roll:

Is your Grandma related to Elna??

Love

Toni xx

Julie x
  • frogmorton
    [ You are right, I am quite happy with my very cheap, light iron :D:D and don't want presses or anything like that. :lol: Hope collection of laundry will be early tomorrow, getting a little cramped on our three bedroom semi!

Elna x[/quote]

Ok Elna

Mine was theer at 6am this morning ready for when you got up....

is it ready for collection yet??

Love

Toni xx
  • roses1
    roses1 Member Posts: 1,850
    Hi,

I like the idea of this, as i do hate ironing and do very little of it !

So is this where i bring what i need to be ironed aswell?

Rose x
  • joanlawson
    Hi Rose, and Welacome to the club. A bus goes round and collects any i***ing you have, and takes it to Elna because she is a champion i***er who gets withdrawal symptoms if she stops. :shock: :shock:

It takes all sort to make a world, doesn't it :?: :?: :D:D
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    frogmorton wrote:
    Ok Elna

Mine was theer at 6am this morning ready for when you got up....

is it ready for collection yet??

Love

Toni xx

Your ironing left here hours ago , Toni, hopefully there are no complaints. :lol: Was in a bit of a rush, did not know whose to do first, so did mine! :lol::lol:

E x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • roses1
    roses1 Member Posts: 1,850
    Hi Joan,

Thankyou this sounds like the best club ever!!!

Rose x

Hurry Rose, or will not be able to do them until late tonight :D Remember, no underwear or towels, I don't do them, got to have some rules and regulations. :lol::D

Elna x
  • frogmorton
    Ooh Elna

Lovely :)

She's been spraying on that I*oning water again...

mmmmm.... :D
  • snowball
    Toni they could be :lol:

Julie x