Happy Birthday to the BIG girl :D

Love

Toni xx

(excused from Ironing duties)
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    There is something magical about a second birthday that no other birthdays have. I hope she has a lovely day - and you too. Don't get sick from eating too much jelly and ice-cream elna, it's supposed to be for the children.

I didn't empty his washbin. I suppose I'd better do it now. I'm NOT in the mood, but that's just tough, ain't it? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Options
    Does anyone else have a birthday today? I know 5 people now, including Elna's little girl!

Happy Birthday to the little angel, Elna. Hope the party goes well. You'll have to tell us all about it.

Nina X
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,427
    Options
    ninakang wrote:
    Does anyone else have a birthday today? I know 5 people now, including Elna's little girl!

Happy Birthday to the little angel, Elna. Hope the party goes well. You'll have to tell us all about it.

Nina X

Was My wedding anniversary - first marriage?? Does that count :wink:

he he!!

August 11th - lovely date have a neice on 7th and nephew 14th and a sort of nephew inlaw on 15th :D Lovely time of year :D

Love

Toni xx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    frogmorton wrote:
    ninakang wrote:

Nina X

Was My wedding anniversary - first marriage?? Does that count :wink:

he he!!

August 11th - lovely date have a neice on 7th and nephew 14th and a sort of nephew inlaw on 15th :D Lovely time of year :D

Love

Toni xx

lol Toni...
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    CALLING ALL CLUB MEMBERS :!:

I just thought I would boot this up to check that you are all still keeping on the straight and narrow, and not doing the i***ing.

I've just heard about a competition for men. You can see it on this link.

http://www.extremelyfunny.co.uk/index.php?action=dispsjoke&jid=2244&type=pic

Seems like a good idea to me :D

I hope Elna is still doing your ironing to your satisfaction.

Joan, President of TIHIC ( The I Hate Ironing Club )
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    HI joan

here I am reporting for duty :D:D

I can honestly say that since the inception of our club, I have not so much as looked at the iron, never mind actually contemplated ironing :wink: (the observant will have noticed that someone inadvertantly misunderstood one of my posts earlier, and believed I had done washing and ironing today. :shock: :shock: I did the washing .... and I got it dried and rained on (yes .... in that order :roll: :roll: ) but it is not going to see an iron ..... unless Elna is not busy :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

signing off for now .... need a lie down at the thought of Ironing :o

WOnky
  • mummyb
    mummyb Member Posts: 1,231
    Options
    Just thinking of poor Elna, has anyone seen her since she started doing all this ironing, last seen buried in a mound of clean washing!!
    I hate to say it but she could do with an assistant, she will always be Ir***r in chief but we don't want to wear her out do we. So applications welcomed from people who love Ir**ing, we'll try to overcome our repulsion to the task for a fair interview.

Non Ir**ers of the world unite, good night one and all (lol) xxx
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    :D Hello all of you who hate to i**n. I am still here :D:D but as Brenda says, not on here quite so often and that could be with the extra ironing amongst other things. :wink::D But I still love it and if not on the forum, I am happily ***ing. I don't mind at all if others who love decreasing, would like to help me out. Like BB says, no underwear and towels though. That is taking it a little too far. :wink:

I have some of my own i***ing for today but I very much hope I shall see that friendly courier and bus driver with more washing. The neighbours are beginning to talk about me, but that is nothing new :wink::D

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • coco67
    coco67 Member Posts: 2,374
    Options
    oh ironing, i find i have to be in the right mood for ironnng, trouble is im never in the right mood lol so another basket here if anyone feels like it? :lol:
  • elnafinn
    Options
    Send it over, ask Toni or Joan when the next courier or driver will be delivering today. :D:D You will soon get to know where to leave your washing and when to collect it all beautifully decreased :D

Must get on, i***ing now :D:D

luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    I could be Elna's assistant as ironed 3 lots of school uniforms that had been piling up over the holiday. I counted up to 30 then gave up. I don't mind as I can sit down. I iron 3 lots every day plus mine and OH clothes and pyjams......

Then I had to sew all the names in their new uniforms too. I will need to finish the sewing today cos they always lose things.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Just completed a load. Smashing play on the radio, did a basket full and some shirts. I didn't enjoy it as much as usual tho - your renegade member may be on the turn. Or it may be because I am grumpy. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • joanlawson
    Options
    coco67 wrote:
    oh ironing, i find i have to be in the right mood for ironnng, trouble is im never in the right mood lol so another basket here if anyone feels like it? :lol:

Hi Coco, and welcome to the club. NEVER IN THE RIGHT MOOD could be another club slogan to add to the ones we've already got:

GO CREASED AND BE LIBERATED, and NO GUILT FOR ME, GIRLS
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Hi Elna

I'm glad to hear that you are still coping admirably with all our i***ing. It sounds as though Elizabeth would be a willing assistant, so I'll send the van round there too :D
    Joan
  • joanlawson
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Just completed a load. Smashing play on the radio, did a basket full and some shirts. I didn't enjoy it as much as usual tho - your renegade member may be on the turn. Or it may be because I am grumpy. DD

DD, there is hope for you yet! Grumpiness is the first step to full club membership, so keep it up!
  • cebeem
    cebeem Bots Posts: 472
    Options
    Well whats going on in here?

Ive got an iphone got an ipad even got an ipod

never heard of an i ron!

but it sounds like a bad i dea! wont be getting one! :)

*CB*
  • c4thyg
    c4thyg Member Posts: 542
    Options
    I really need to check in more often. I LOVE IRONING! I'll be your assistant Elna. In fact I'm waiting on the washing to dry on the line now. My ironing board is up and waiting.

Ironing is the one thing that I get to do in peace and my daughter isn't allowed in the room while the iron is on. It started when she was really little but I've kept it up because I enjoy the time out. :) I put the music on and get stuck in! :D
  • joanlawson
    Options
    cebeem wrote:
    Well whats going on in here?

Ive got an iphone got an ipad even got an ipod

never heard of an i ron!

but it sounds like a bad i dea! wont be getting one! :)

*CB*

Welcome to the club, CB :D:D
  • joanlawson
    Options
    c4thyg wrote:
    I really need to check in more often. I LOVE IRONING! I'll be your assistant Elna. In fact I'm waiting on the washing to dry on the line now. My ironing board is up and waiting.

Ironing is the one thing that I get to do in peace and my daughter isn't allowed in the room while the iron is on. It started when she was really little but I've kept it up because I enjoy the time out. :) I put the music on and get stuck in! :D

Another assistant for Elna. The van will call round in the morning to drop off the mountains of i***ing to keep you happy!!
    t89190.gif
  • cebeem
    Options
    Thank you Joan I am honoured could I be the press secretary? or do you have one? :wink: *CB*
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Hi CB

Not only can you be the Press secretary, but I would like to offer you a place on the Board. :D
  • cebeem
    Options
    Full steam ahead then Joan I await my duties! *CB*
  • chicara
    chicara Member Posts: 47
    Options
    I am with all those that enjoy ironing, as had been said before it is therapeutic and such a lovely feeling putting all those lovely freshly ironed clothes away. I also will confess, I iron all the bedlinen even the non-iron stuff, towels, teatowels and I'd even do hubby's boxers if he'd let me.

So glad that there are a few others the same as me - my friends think I have totally lost the plot!

Take care all

Chicara
  • elnafinn
    Options
    Elna likes this :D

I am waiting for all that lovely washing to be delivered this bright, sunny, morning. My own washing is drying nicely on the line as I type :D:D Ironing board and iron are waiting ......... :D:D