Options
    Elna

Could you please do my I......dare I say the word, for me please

Trish xx
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oooops forgot to say there are a few things that I do not i*** and they are bras, sorry Trish, underwear of any kind and towels. Will put an iron over duvet's and sheets though. No starching either, except for special occasions. :)

Toni, school uniform beautifully smoothed as cannot use the "i" word, hope you have more than one set!! All done now, just awaiting delivery. Hope everyone knows whose is whose! 8) :lol::lol: I have tried to keep things in order but my kitchen is looking like a chinese laundry at the mo.

Just having a tea and loo break now. :)

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • elnafinn
    Options
    trisher wrote:
    Elna

Could you please do my I......dare I say the word, for me please

Trish xx

Hi Trish :D

Send over all your clothes for "de-creasing" minus bras. :? Looking forward to receiving them on the next busload. Will that be later this afternoon? :) Leave in garage if no-one in. It will be unlocked.

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I am about to fire up the Phillips and set out the board. I enjoy ironing, I have to say, but I have greatly reduced what I do iron. Duvet covers, sheets, pillowcases, underwear no. Husband's shirts and my linen things yes. Husband's T shirts and summer shorts always, mine when I feel like it. I find it satisfying and rewarding, especially when there's something good on the radio to entertain me. Due to standing time restrictions, however, I shall (selfishly) only be doing our ironing. Elna is more generous in spirit than I! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Satisfying and rewarding :?: :?: :shock: :shock: Oh dear, DD, you are a lost cause, and sadly I must deny you membership until you see the light.

GO CREASED AND BE LIBERATED :!:

NO GUILT FOR ME GIRLS :!:
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I saw the light. I didn't do it. DD
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,424
    Options
    OMG!!!

I was soooo worried then for DD :shock:

Thank heaven she has been saved :shock:

Thanks Elna

They look lovely and yes they have at least three sets each :D

Love

Toni xx
  • joanlawson
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    I saw the light. I didn't do it. DD

THREE CHEERS FOR DD :!: :!: :!: t2022.gif

You are now a member of the club :D
  • joanlawson
    edited 19. Jul 2010, 17:59
    Options
    Why not :?: Nothing wrong with knitting :D:Du045.gif
  • elnafinn
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    Will you wimmen being doing a knitting pattern swop shop thread later?

Hey Rehab, what a GOOD idea. :lol::D We may well not have thought of that. Thanks a million! :lol::lol:

Elna x

• Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    I'm feeling virtuous tonight :lol::lol::lol::lol:

washed and dried (on my new rotary airer :D ) 5 loads of washing today and NOT ONE ITEM was (or will be) ironed :D:D:D:D:D

now the rain can come and I don't care ..... cos there is nothing left to wash ......... well not in the baskets that matter anyway :wink:
  • minky67
    minky67 Member Posts: 2,328
    Options
    My ironing is still sitting in the basket waiting for OH to get the iron out, if not it will stay there.
    I got a rotary this summer too wonky & can get so much more out on it, I keep watching it though as when OH first cemented it in it feel down :shock: So i made him redo it & now solid as a rock. I just worry incase i overload it as i try to do all the washing on the same day & odd bits go on the airer when needed.
    debs
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Well done, Wonky :!: :D:D I will write your name up on the board in our hall of fame :D
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    Debs I am like a kid with a new toy :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I've had the rotary dryer since Christmas but the workmen only drilled a hole for it last week - they didn't concrete it in but drilled a hole into a paving slab in the patio, and then hammered in the spike - so no chance mine will fall down :wink:

I have been watching it spin round in the wind and have had so much fun ..... must be right what they say about little things pleasing little minds :wink::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • joanlawson
    Options
    My ironing is still sitting in the basket waiting for OH to get the iron out, if not it will stay there.

That's the spirit, Debs :!: :D:D Another name for the hall of fame :D
  • minky67
    minky67 Member Posts: 2,328
    Options
    Thanks Joan, Im not struggling at all with guilt for not doing it :lol:

Wonky, i love my rotary too & it makes hanging out the washing easier than keep walking up & down the garden path. :roll:
    Nope no chance of your falling over then unless it takes the pathing slab with it :shock: :lol:
    Happy hanging out days :wink:
    debs
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    joanlawson wrote:

I thought that was Jean's job? Have got all my wool ready for a nice cardigan I like. Sadly I cannot knit anymore. :cry:

I used to love doing it now, cannot.

Jean do you fancy a charge from that scratchy wool?

Trish xx
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Elna

I have a basket of ironing to be done please if you would not mind no bras honestly.

Thank you. :D
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Started at 7.05am. Finished 7.41am. Pleased and satisfied. Second leg this afternoon. (As with all clubs, there is always one member that makes the others wonder why that person joined.) DD
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,424
    Options
    trisher wrote:
    joanlawson wrote:

I thought that was Jean's job? Trish xx

It IS Trisher

You dont knit that's Jean's job and ironing is Elna's (or Debs Oh's)
  • elnafinn
    Options
    trisher wrote:
    Elna

I have a basket of ironing to be done please if you would not mind no bras honestly.

Thank you. :D

Hi Trish

Send it over and it will be done before the day is out. I was a little idle as not much decreasing to do, yesterday, so need to do some today so as not to get withdrawal symptoms and forget how it is done. :lol::lol:

Will send back tomorrow, early. :D

Luv
    Elna x

• joanlawson
    Options
    Started at 7.05am. Finished 7.41am. Pleased and satisfied. Second leg this afternoon. [ quote DD ]

a102.gif

And I thought you had seen the light :!: :shock:
  • joanlawson
    Options
    babycham wrote:
    Hello Joan Count me in please I mislaid our iron several weeks ago I can call of the searchXXXL/b/cham

Glad to have another member :!: :!: :D:D

g20020.gif
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Like DD I was up early and ironing. Had felt too tired to face it last night.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    elnafinn wrote:
    :D:D I like ironing. :D:D I find it therapeutic. Mad or what? No need to answer. :wink: It is even better if you get paid for it, which I no longer do, but I still do not mind ironing.

I could not send my hubby out to work with a crumpled shirt. I have ironed his shirts for 34 years. Every single one of them. I like to put on clothes that have been ironed they feel and look so much better and nicer.

I iron my son's shirts each week now and have done since my grand daughter was born nearly two years ago. He is such a hands on dad along with a full time job and often lots of extra hours too, that is the least I can do for him, otherwise he would have to iron them himself. :lol::lol: I also bake GF food for him each week ....... I like to feel useful :D:D His partner does not mind at all, it helps her! :D

So I shall watch this "I hate to iron club" with interest to see if I am the only person on the forum that likes to iron. :D

I iron nearly every day or I get withdrawal symptoms. :lol::lol: I have bad OA in my thumbs, but I will not let that stop me ironing. :lol:

Elna x
    :D

I'm a bit like you Elna.
    I often say to myself that I won't iron the duvet cover this time or the sheets,but once ironed ( I use my beloved hot press) but once done, isn't it lovely climbing into bed with freshly ironed sheets and pillow cases. And I just love getting that pleat down the front of trousers. I do buy clothes for myself that don't need ironing, and I don't iron towells but do iron kitchen towells. They fit into the drawer better.. My Italian friend irons everything, even under pants. Now that is going too far.
    Joy