Where's Cris (Skezier)

Options

Comments

• psyart
    psyart Member Posts: 600
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi DD - am having bad time with pain at the moment :( . Gabapentine not working so am on co-codomol 4 times a day and tramadol at least 2 times a day and 1 during the night :( . Am having trouble with this battle - not very nice to be with at the moment.

Have tried to get into see the consultant but no luck yet :x . So just trying to deal with one day at a time :( .

Hope your sweats stop soon :!: :!: .

Louise xxx
    e050.gifo050.gif
  • psyart
    psyart Member Posts: 600
    Options
    Hi Cris good to see you back :):)

yes that yellow thing seems to want to stay for a while :shock: lets make the most of it while we can :!: not sure how long its here for :?:

no luck with the hospital as yet - nothing avaliable :?: pain is begining to get me down and suffering from fatigue more as well now. have increased pain killers as well now to try and get through the day and nights :( Do wonder how we manage to get through each day sometimes - I wake up in the mornings and think 'not another day of pain' :oops: We must all be made of strong stuff to put up with it all the time :?:

anyway - off to bed. take care and ((((hugs ))))) to help you :P

louise xxxx
    e050.gifo050.gif
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi I,

Wish it was that easy :lol::lol: Have to run the gauntlet with the calves and then the sheep won't get in their PJ's :lol::lol: You know in my mind they have pj's :roll: They very good but I got to get them a shed here ad bring then home! xx

Hi Louise,

hey set for the rest of the week though sunday is meant to be cloudy.... mind this area we seem to have our very own cloud :lol:

I wonder if you could ask Dr H's secretary if she could ask him if you could change to the pregabalin? Its superior to the gabapentin and has a better blanket coverage. It does mess with your brain for a min but its a good one and helps with both the oa, the pa and I believe its the front line treatment of fibro......

Flower if I could give you a bit of energy.... the fatigue is horrible isn't it? Just keep reminding your self that it will pass and hang in there. Yo need some decent pain relief and I know Dr H is a hands on guy for our treatment but he might sanction the change in ta bets? They certainly rang my gp's to sanction the increased mtx for me so it might be worth a try. I so wish you could get in to see him earlier but try asking for the change of tablets..... might help?

I know what you mean about another day in pain as i has a few years of that but the pregabalin, diclo's and the tramadol have been a good combo for me and I so hope you will find something that works. hang in there flower, it will improve. ((((( ))))) and a special energy draft in a cuppa. Cris xx
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Options
    Hi Cris
    Good to see you back on here. Thanks for your message earlier in week. I`m trying to be good and do NOTHING. How boring I know!
    I`d love to come and help with the sheep etc.. sounds much more fun than sitting here counting them!!
    NB
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    Options
    I am Happy now :)

NB good to see you too :)

Love

Toni xx
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    HI Cris, I'm glad you are back in cyber world ... no t'internet access is terrible isn't it?!

Typical the weather has improved now the schools are opening again.

S and I had a lovely trip to a Nature park on Tuesday - glorious weather for a walk, play at the playground and lunch alfresco. Yesterday we went swimming and the sun was shining through the windows onto the water - beautiful. Today he is visiting a college and I have beenwalking in the park and catching up on the forum (whilst sitting in the garden..)

LIfe sounds hectic at your end as ever.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Hi Cris :D Lovely to see you posting.

Sorry I am late to welcome you back. :oops: Do hope you do get something sorted so we don't lose you again.

Glad you and Jan had a good time. :D Am sure you both had a good laugh with her wonderful sense of humour. Hope you having a good hol Jan.

Work been surprisingly okish this week and we have sunshine today, though duvet day is on hold until tomorrow. I plan to make it a good one. :D
    Hope you are feeling a better than of late and that the eyes are behaving today. I send some of Wonka's raspberry and cream shortbread, and some bestest fudge.
    take care
    love
    Chris
  • marion1952
    marion1952 Member Posts: 963
    Options
    Hi Cris

Hope you have had a good(ish) day and enjoyed the sunshine..

I'm just finishing my 4th week back at work - a bit tiring but am getting used to it now.. Am having trouble with my RA hands/fingers still, and am STILL waiting to hear from the Rheumy Nurse about inreasing my meth to 17.5.. (I've left another message for her today).. I did wonder about alternating betwen 15 mg and 17.5mg - ie having 15 mg one week and 17.5 mg the next....

You must be dreading the next infusion Cris, but it does seem to 'rejuvenate' you ..

Take care

Marion
  • skezier
    Options
    Hi Nearly,

Sorry your under enforced house arrest and really hope it will work for you as well. So nice to see you but do wish it wasn't cus things are not quite so good for you. ((( ))) Cris xx

Hi Toni,

It worked again! :D It takes a bit of time to get complacent that it connects! :wink: xx

Hi Speedy,

Its not fair the sun comes now but at least it has deemed to arrive, be it 3 months late! I hope you did get a couple of outings in before S back at school? ((( ))) xx

Hi Chris,

Hope you are having a duvet day today? Those shortbreads don't half sound nice but i don't think I have ever seen them this way.... please send more :lol::lol: Bit of cream on em and they must be good comfort eats eh?!

Hope all s okish there ad leaving you some saffron and some hevva with a tub of cream as well as a cuppa. (((( )))) xxx

Hi Marion,

Glad its holding with the extra hours. They are taking their time to get back to you over the increase eh? I am on the second week of 17.5 and with the wrists and elbows full of fluid and hurting I guess its not working yet eh?! :roll: I like instant cures :lol::lol:

Hope your 2 girls are behaving? Mine wouldn't know behave if it jumped out and bit them :roll: I know it says more about me than them :lol::lol: Leaving you a smako or 2 for them and a ((( ))) xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello skezier, nice to have you back! Let's hope it lasts. I hope you are feeling reasonably OK - has that cold cleared yet? dorcas is off being infused today, so I shall send dandelion leaves to her - well, I'll return her own dandelion leaves, tea-leaf that I am! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    I was wondering where she was. Haven't heard from her for daysKnow she was very busy with all the horses.

joy
  • skezier
    Options
    Hi DD,

Naw the cold still very much here and probably related to the mtx and need for the drip. I find when its needed I feel worse than 'normal' and it wears off so quick now a days. Least the sun is out again and that's always a good one eh?! xx

Hi Joy,

How you doing? Nice to see you back and hope your doing ok and the exhibition went ok? ((( ))) xx
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Cris,
    Has the weather been kinder to you today? Good the foals are back and are enjoying all the back scratching. :D

Wish the cold would go for you. I know it's not far off the dreaded appointment. We will all be there for you Cris.
    With luck you will be able to be on line again.

Hope you sorted the veggie hotpot thing out.

Lv, Ix
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    MORNING SKEZIER, I HOPE YOU ARE FAIRLY WELL DESPITE THE

COLD AND WOUNDS NOT HEALING PROPERLY. I GUESS YOU CAN

TELL WHAT I'M DOING AT THE MO AND WHICH TRACK IT IS - I

REALLY MUST LISTEN TO SOMETHING ELSE! I HOPE THE DONGLE IS

DONGLING - WHEN DO YOU GO FOR YOUR NEXT SET OF INFUSIONS?

IT MUST BE SOON, METHINKS. dd
  • skezier
    Options
    Hi I and DD,

Its not any better today but its fairly much a fixture and fitting for most the year, just this one might be linked to the mtx cus its a kin to the one the sulfa gave me.

In a goldfish bowl today..... the lodgers are all looking in through the window...... I have no idea why but there are 6 of em, 3 at each window ad I am starting to feel slightly worried :lol::lol:

The week after next i think it is. Not sure just yet I if I shall be able to borrow the lap top but will see. Its a very posh laptop and so in some ways its a bit scary to borrow it...... Can't say I am looking forward to it but do I ever :lol::lol:

Hope your both having a decentish day? DD I am listening to a bit of peas today but will probably migrate later :wink: ((( )))'s to you both xx
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Hi Cris

Good to see the dongle is behaving just now. :D Sorry to hear the cold has moved in permanently though.
    Hope the lodgers have stopped window gazing there, does sound spooky. :shock:
    Hey in addition to the raspberry and cream flavoured shortbread, we also have a chocolate and orange one or a ginger and lemon one. Any preference? The addition of cream is a given. :D
    No sale today? or have I missed that. Hope tomorrow is a good one for you if you have one. I know they are not your favourite part of the week. ((( )))
    Take care, love to the critters
    Chris
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Morning skeizer

glad your dongles behaving

just really popped in to see how you were doing.

what was the music dd was listening to that must have been so loud she was shouting. Bet she taps the keys to the rhythm too. sounds fun. I like listening to mcfly to get my feelgood fix.
    country when doing house work and robbie in car

Have a good day
    love juliepfx
  • skezier
    Options
    Hi Chris,

Oh I think choc and orange please :D I have been very bad at doing the sat one for a while now..... Its a hard one cus there is a lot more carrying and then standing and the car isn't near enough to find a bit of comfort in so its the one I am less likely to be good about doing..... Been feeling rough for a while and I sort of don' t want to knock my self out and get a whole chunk of cramp and pain as well.....

Its meant to be dry for some of tomorrow and I do find the sunday one I am better at doing, as long as I wake up :roll:

3 are still looking in...... ears forward and just staring at me...... :shock: I don't know what they want but Owns does like watching tv so maybe that's what she is asking for..... I shall see whats on cbbc :lol::lol::lol:

Hope your having a decentish day? Sending a (((( )))) and a tub of cream to be used on which ever you decide to have :wink: xxx

Hi Julie,

Sorry didn't see you there.....

Hope your dong ok and DD is listening to a bit of Deadmau5 which fair to say is a 'bit' loud, banging and brilliant :lol::lol::lol: A ((( ))) and some flamingo seed xx
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,932
    Options
    Hi Cris.
    i hope you are well and your pain is under control.
    i'm pleased you are now back with you feel lost with out the internet.
    we missed you take care.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Hi Cris, I have a very clear picture in my mind of you in your goldfish bowl and the lodgers looking in!!! Did they approve of CBBC - or perhaps they were just a bit gruntled that the dongle is working and so you were tap-tapping away on the net for a bit when they had got used to you having more time on your hands?!

S and I did have some nice days out and didn't let the weather spoil things - just meant I kept a bag of dry clothes and towels in the boot ...

He is going back to school on Monday and then I need to gear up and get going and use the time wisely and productively before I return to school myself - which is going to come round soon and boy will that be a shock to the system!!!

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    A bit like this speedy
    n028.GIF

:lol::lol::lol:

hope S return to school passes without a hitch... is he changing to a new college? wishing him all the luck in the world anyway. :D:wink:

with work 'looming' on the horizon speedy... have you started the process of getting an assessment of your needs for aids etc?

Cris,

hope the sales went well today flower and not left you too tired.:wink:

love n (((hugs))) and jammie dodgers with your tea,

Iris xxxxx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Cris
    I have this very funny pic in my mind, pf the animals all trying to watch TV through your window, either that, or they want that arm chair.
    I am so sorry you are feeling rough, I really hope you feel more human very soon, we will all be there in your pocket when you have your next infusion
    Hope you had a good sale today.
    Lots of hugs ((((((())))))
    love Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • marion1952
    marion1952 Member Posts: 963
    Options
    Hi Cris

Hope you had a good day with the sale today and that the weather was fine for you..

I too have a funny picture of you watching the TV with the animals looking through the windows! hilarious!

Marion xx
    (PS - I am chasing up with the nurse about increasing my mtx but so far she has not got back to me ... will try again tomorrow - but am seeing the consultant at the end of Sept anyway, so coudl wait until then I suppose.. My fingers are very very tender - can hardly bear even the bedclothes touching them , so am sleeping with my hands (and feet - same problem) sticking out from under the duvet!!)
  • skezier
    Options
    Hi Joan, Speedy, Iris, Barbara and Marion,

I have this theory...... I know they like cartoons ( well I might my self actually as well :wink: ) and they do seem to be looking in a lot just now. I didn't do this mornings sale cus of the rain so did the indoor one later.... soon as I came in the gate they made their way to the car and looked in through the windows.... so I think they are conduction an experiment.... though not sure what sort of experiment :shock: :lol::lol::lol:

Hey did the armchair thing after chicken and sheepsis so must remember to turn in soon..... I hate the early starts and the indoor sales are harder as there is so much more walking and carrying... or in my case hobbling and dropping things.....

I got to take the mtx tonight as I was out of step and have at last got back to taking it on a Sunday. I just have to remember :wink:

Marion give them another ring as it doesn't sound good just now and its a long time till the end of the month still. I hope it will ease for you soon.

Right shall not fall asleep in this chair... I shall not fall asleep in this chair...... I shall not!! xx
  • dreamdaisy
    edited 6. Sep 2010, 11:08
    Options
    I hope you made it to bed and I hope you took the meth and I sincerely hope things are brighter this morning! I too love the thought of your 'audience' peering in - bless! I hope you are feeling OK - when is your next set of the dreaded infusions? It is this month, isn't it? Thinking of you. DD