Where's Cris (Skezier)

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Mornin Toni,

Just abut to dope up! Its a bit rough still... had big trouble getting out of bed...think I might tie some rope to the door handle to help pull me up.... should work eh?

Sitting here thinking how am I going to get this place cleaned up today :shock: But slowly getting a theory... might have go on my knees but it might work...... :lol::lol: Old advisory this back... I usually find a way round it..... :wink: Got to haven't I...

Skip today's sale .... got to do tomorrow but not sure how I can load... might have to talk to plan b.... ((( ))) ad a huge stroke and cat nip treat to Daisy. xxx
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Hi Cris hi Toni too!

flower you need to only do those things that can't wait for another day. :? I know with your lodgers and the hens and all.. that it might not be possible... but try to avoid at least the heavy cleaning out. :roll:

If you have a plan 'B' then use it... plan 'J' worked well yesterday so maybe that's what you need to try :wink:

I'm glad you've skipped the sales today but know too that has consequences for you. :roll:

hope the new meds do their stuff and you get some ease at least from the cramping pains. :|

love n soothing ((((hugs))))

Iris xx (who's very worried about you an wishes she could help :roll: )
  • skezier
    Hi Iris,

Pleased don't worry! I have got used to this so find a way rd it usually... its a bit violent though and does fight back! Its the feeling of a slipped disc here there aren't any... its gotta be something soft tissue wise gets pinched with all the extra bone growth.

I know its not anything big cus it can't do anything now, its done it and been removed :wink:

I will stay on a go slow but somethings have to be done. Will ask about plan b later... some mates might come and load up for me and help unload tomorrow. Cus I been doing the sales so long they are normally helpful :wink:

Hey the gall stone tablets..... Iris I didn't realize how much pain I had! The whole of my abdomen is comfortable now... that's only after 6 tablets :D Its even shut don the crohn's gumble! :D

You must not worry about me flower! I am fine... just stuck in a 90 years olds body... with cat hair :lol::lol: ((((( ))))) Cris xxx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I am so pleased to hear that the pain has gone - what a relief that must be. How is the cat-wearing coming along? Is it possible to wear more than one, I wonder? I hope you are OK today - be a sensible skezier and just do the bare minimum, your poor body needs a chance to recover.

I was shocked to read that you do not have a BB of your own. Please get one, skezier, they are so useful and you certainly qualify for one. And dig out your sticks too. Every little helps. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • skezier
    Hi DD,

I tend to wear 3.... one draped round the top and one each side... but... I got a bit of jealousy running with the 2 adolescents and the kitten so now I seem to be wearing 4 till I dummy spit :lol::lol::lol:

Long ago I had a very feral cat who was terrible aggressive..... she used to sleep on my neck and with her dummy spitting just wasn't an option :lol::lol: The number of times I gt scratched and bitten cus I did that half sleep dummy spit :lol::lol: I think she thought I took my head off at night I don't understand why she used to do it.... :lol: She was some cat though :wink: Taught me all I know about ferals... the hard way :lol::lol:

DD I don't think I would get one.... A mate of mine can't get one for his 94 year old mother! I guess I could try? I had to get the tablets and no way could I walk down to the chemistry as its a hill each way..... there also were 4 empty disable slots, had it been the last one I would have chanced double lining her... I was that desperate for the tablets! ((( ))) and a hope your okish today? xx
  • queenfan
    queenfan Member Posts: 563
    Hi Cris how are you doing matey,
    I certainly hope you're not trying to do too much,
    I'm glad that the tablets are working.
    Laura has been working on the stroke ward this week on nights,
    so it's been a funny week for us this week, luckily she works days this week, she has got to work there 4 weeks for her work placement
    Cris try & get some rest if you can, I know it is hard for you :oops:
    If I knew any one down your way I would send THEM ALL to help you
    take care & lots of gentle ((((())))) Sue xx
  • dreamdaisy
    I think you should try skezier - you do have trouble with walking don't you? I know that is not the only reason why they are granted to people but you should apply. You will need to get a little picture of you from a booth - preferably without cats draped upon your person.

I am as flat as a pancake today. DD has lost her bounce and sparkle.
  • skezier
    Hi Sue,

Bless her. She is dong really well isn't she, you must be so please.

I shall be fine Sue, promise. I got to fin a way to do the barest minimum and will ask about getting the car loaded and unloaded later.... I'm sure the will help. ((((( ))))) and a hope your feeling so much better? Love Cris xx

Hi DD,

I do have a bit of trouble walking any day but just now... its slow, very upright infant hugely upright :lol: and limp...Hell girl I shall break the camera, with or with cats :lol::lol:

I will go look to see how you apply.... I don't have to use it less I am bad eh?

Sending you a bit of toast and egg laced with DD bounces and sparkles, it might take a few mins to work but it will get there. ((((( ))))) and some buckets of hopes and energies xx
  • dreamdaisy
    I am sure you won't break the camera - they make 'em tough, nowadays! You are right: you don't have to use it but it would be there for the bad days. I applied to my local council for mine - I gave permission for them to contact all my doctors too. It took about 6 weeks to come through and it is a fabulous thing.

Thank you for the sparkled toast. I am in much pain today so I will go back to bed for a snooze! then, hopefully, the sparkles will take effect! DD
  • skezier
    Hey the sparkle is slow release :wink: ((( ))) and feel better soon flower. Cris who is about to test out the theory.... my poor knees are in for some shock :lol::lol: xx
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Hi Cris and DD

just in case you need more sparkles....

n015.gif

or, you could try this!
    k010.gif

love to both... and lots of hope that you will feel the benefits of meds, rest and energy restoring ((((hugs))))

Iris xxx
  • skezier
    Thanks Iris... just what I needed :D Was I meant to leave some for DD :oops: ((( ))) xx
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    HI Cris, glad the tablets for the gall stones are doing their bit, hope the back problem eases. Definitely do plan B for the loading and unloading for the sales. A BB would be good for you - like you say, only need to use it on bad days. When you get the forms, makes sure you fill it in on a bad day (or whilst thinking about a bad day) - that is the sort of day you would be using it. I can't see how you couldn't get one with your catalogue of complaints.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Cris, so glad the pain has eased; yes, Buscopan is what I have - it's been such a long time since I needed them that I couldn't remember what they were called. Hubby has also had it for his stomach probs, he swears by it, too.

You can buy it OTC, although I think it's not so strong.

There is another one they gave me which worked, but I only got it the once and can't remember what that one was either........it was a powder which I had to put in water, tasted 'orrible, but it did work well.

I've also found that sometimes lying in the wrong position sets it off too, although again, I haven't had that for some time.

I'll just pop me coat on and me wellies and be down to help out with the critters.

Annie
    xx
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Hi Cris,

Just wanted to send hugs and good vibes to you.
    Glad the pain is easier for you. What a awful rollercoast you have been on again. Just happy that the new Dr is coming up trumps for you.
    Like the new hair do by the way :lol::lol: Whole new meaning to swishing the hair back!!!

Loads of love,

Ix
  • skezier
    Hi Speedy,

I will flower I promise. I haven't claimed anything before and maybe its time I did? The pain is slightly better but have had 900 pregabalin and 14 tramadol in the last 24 hrs :wink:

How you doing flower I hope S is happy back at school? ((( ))) xx

Hi Annie,

Happy Ruby Anniversary To you Both! Hope you really have had a god day?

Thanks for all this reassurance :D I do appreciate it.

Come on then chicken shed calls.... oh this will be interesting :roll: but appreciate the help flower. Wally is doing the barrow so I should be able to do it ...... ((( ))) and thanks again flower. Cris xx

Hi I,

Ans I have such a beautiful tail :lol::lol::lol:

Hope your ok and sending a ((( ))) and a thank you for helping me through a rough patch.. that's to all of you xx
  • marion1952
    marion1952 Member Posts: 963
    HI Cris

Glad that the tablets are helping the pain..

You must be made of strong stuff Cris to be able to tolerate the pain AND the pregablin and the tramadol!!

Hope you get some sleep tonight and hope you have some help tomorrow..

Marion xx
  • skezier
    Hi Marion,

Hope you have had a good day?

I bee on these tablets a long time but it took ages to get to the 300 in one hit..... Used to live on the ceiling o begin with :lol::lol::lol::lol: Had hallucinations the lot :lol::lol::lol::lol:

The tramadol I only now and then but it does help quite a bit when your in pain... this still breaks through it all but I was able to do the chicken shed... well not very well but its a big improvement! Its the ducks that ,make it have to be doe so often...... :roll:

Hows the 2 girls? I am still on the lookout for another springer.... I do miss mine so much! I side glance Haz and think a pup wouldnt be a good idea as he would hamper all training :lol: He is improving..... you know the kind of dog..... age being the only cure.

Its his birthday soon... he will send your the invite :wink: ((( ))) and a hope you are ok and the bones are behaving? Cris xx
  • marion1952
    Hi Cris

I've had a quiet/restful day today.. fingers are not good at the moment and my right ankle seems to have swollen to the size of a melon in the last few hours!..

The dogs are fine. I'm still using the dog walker during the week. Poppy will always be a puppy I think - she doesn't seem to be maturing with age!! I'm letting Freya sleep in my bedroom now, to give her a break (Poppy sleeps in the kitchen). Don't know what I would do with my time if I didn't have them to keep me busy!

Marion x
  • skezier
    Hi Marion,

I think Haz will never mature.. he was neutered at 3 months.........:shock:

He got messed up in the first 9 months and then I came along...... if could have given him back I would have :lol::lol: I intercepted him on his way to being put down..... but he is akin to a tornado in a jam jar! :lol::lol::lol:

My Pops is getting old, she used to come to bed with me but she doesn't now..... she doesn't really like cats and they do see me as some kind of cat bed! Mind they make half decent neck splints......... and on a cold winter's night... you can't beat a cat or 4 on your head for keeping warm........

Have they got back to you over the mtx? Marion I think you need to be seen really. When is your next appointment flower? ((( ))) and some anti-swell draft xx
  • marion1952
    Hi Cris

The rheumy nurse called me on Thursday.. I'm going to increase Mtx to 17.5 - it will take a week or two to get the new syringes delivered though.. She also mentioned anti-tnfs - but I'm worried about getting infections (especially in my new hip) - so I'm not ready to go down that route as yet.

Am seeing my Rheumy at the end of Sept. She's a very good doctor - she sees 'the whole picture' - not just the rheumatology problems , so I will talk things over with her....

My RA was great during May and June (ie just after I had my hip done) - I hardly knew I had it - but since July I've had this constant flare in my hands/fingers and occasional swellings in other joints..

Shouldn't really complain - there are lots of people worse off then me..

Marion x
  • psyart
    psyart Member Posts: 600
    Hi Cris - now have got a picture of you and the cats in the bed - do they all sleep around your neck :?: :!: . no wonder you have a cat on your head :wink:

glad the tablets are working thier magic - bout time :!:

make sure you get your friends to help - you are on the way up and the more help you can get at the moment the better. if not you will be going back down :?:

DD - sorry you not brill again - hope the sleep helped :?:

and to the others - cant remember names - ((((((hugs))))))) to help you.

Cris - rang the hospital on thrusday :?: - hope she rings soon - have had to sleep for about 3 hours in the pm for the last 2 days and am on 4 lots co-codoml as well as tramadol 3 times a day!! not good :?:

Take care everyone

Louise xxxx
    e050.gifo050.gif
  • mummyb
    mummyb Member Posts: 1,231
    Hi Cris, I've just read back over this thread and am shocked at how poorly you've been and another ailment to add to the others. Sometimes I wonder how on earth you keep going. Anyway I just want to let you know I'm thinking about you and wish I was closer so I could come and help you. My grandaughter would love to come and help with your animals. Keep your chin up hun, glad the stomach pain has subsided and hope the rest of it is under control. Love and healing hugs and a bucketful of energy, love Brenda ((((((((healing))))))))) xxxxxxx
  • skezier
    Hi Marion,

Its good when they see the whole picture... mine does but I know how lucky that makes me.

Its not long till you see her so that's good and I really hope she will be able to do something to help you! We keep gong but we still need a bit of help from the medics eh?

Is your hip still holding with the extra hours? I can't believe how well you have done :D

Hey I am off to see if I can load the car with same hit of tablets :lol::lol: Hope you have a good day. ((( ))) xx

Hi Loise,

I really hope they ring back soon....You got the rumo nurse haven't you? Would it help to see her do you think? It would get you in the clinic and she might be able to help? I don't know how it works cus I don't have her... not sure why.

You obviously need a change in tablets and I so wish they would help you. Try and get some rest today and sending you a ((( ))) and a sleep well draft.

Hey thanks for doing the bellows... a sunny day :D More ((( )))'s Cris xx

Hi Brenda,

I have all the employers depending on me :shock: I have no choice but to keep going... well there is a choice but I can't do what that would involve......

I have the drip next week ... that will help :D

Hope your okish? Sending a ((( ))) and a cuppa xx
  • mummyb
    mummyb Member Posts: 1,231
    Oooh thanks for the cuppa Cris, have a good sale, see you later if you not too tired xxxxx