Diet Club

Options
caterina57
caterina57 Member Posts: 1,424
edited 1. Jul 2011, 10:12 in Community Chit-chat archive
Well Jilly started this off and she has done really well on the Atkins diet. I promised her that I would join her as from today - But I won't be doing the Atkins, and Coco said that she would join us doing the third of a plate diet.

Well the day has arrived!!!!!
Ideally I want to lose 1-2lbs a week and although I am calling it a diet I know that realistically it has to be a new eating plan for life!

I am now going to be very brave..............
My starting weight is 11st 61b! I am aiming to lose 2 stone.
I will report every Monday morning with my progress.

If you want to join us feel free..... we will need your support and we can all support each other in difficult times.

Heres wishing us Good Luck
Cath

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    will join you in healthy eating and wish every one loads of will power. not sure what i weigh so will do that tomorrow right fruit for breakfast val
    val
  • coco67
    coco67 Member Posts: 2,374
    Options
    i have weighed myself so know where im starting from and am determind to give this a good go. good luck to you all. heres to a slighter feeling summer x
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    As someone who spent many years at 7 stone and is now 12 stone I think I will be joining in too.I'm just going to change my mindset, instead of craving and comfort eating I am going to tell myself food is horrible!

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • coco67
    Options
    im telling myself lots of food is arthurs best friend, the more there is of you the more he can play.

good luck elizabeth. and welcome to jillys diet crew :grin:
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    good luck cath hope your first day goes well

juliepf x
  • caterina57
    Options
    Well I have been for my hydro and came back home feeling very hungry ( at this point I would normally have had cuppa biscuits, crisps and probably any thing I could lay my hands on) Will power required --so have had a banana. Surprisingly it has taken off the hunger pangs. I think this might be harder than I thought!
    Cath
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,466
    Options
    I've just come back from the surgery, my BP is still high, I have cycled so many miles, lost 1.5 stones (in a year) and still it won't come down, aaggghhhhhh!

So, if you folk don't mind, I'm gonna join in this health fest.

Just so we know, I weigh 15 stone and would like to aim under 14. Bread has been removed from diet, replaced with dry biscuits, no butter/marg, just humous or smoked mackerel for lunch.

Any suggestions on what next?

8) Its a grin, honest!
  • valval
    Options
    right just had lean beef sandwich with the smallest amount of butter walked half hour now feet up before work keep going all of you val
    val
  • caterina57
    Options
    Well done all of you. Wow how good are we going to look in the summer!!

Just had my lunch Jacket potato, cottage cheese and tomatoes - taking soup for my tea at work -- otherwise it will be the chicken or burger shop they are just across the road from work - for those of you who have ever been to it I work across the road from the Sheffield Arena / Ice Rink.

Keep up the good work --- Perhaps we can share soem low cal recipes?
    Cath
  • valval
    Options
    caterina57 wrote:
    Well done all of you. Wow how good are we going to look in the summer!!

Just had my lunch Jacket potato, cottage cheese and tomatoes - taking soup for my tea at work -- otherwise it will be the chicken or burger shop they are just across the road from work - for those of you who have ever been to it I work across the road from the Sheffield Arena / Ice Rink.

Keep up the good work --- Perhaps we can share soem low cal recipes?
    Cath

been there love the chicken lol you can have the burger you have choice of them lol
    val
  • purplestorm
    purplestorm Member Posts: 54
    Options
    Hi

Just wanted to say ive never dieted in my life well that is before September 2010!

Ive always been over weight and in 2008 when I had my first bout of Arthur was advised that I was very over weight!

I never really did anything about it hwoever in September 2010 I joined my local Slimming world club (helps that my sister is the consultant mind)

Since them Ive lost 2 stone 9 pounds and have gone from a size 20 to a size 14. I cant help thinking that Im soooo lucky to have lost it as I have now been diagnosed with Seronegative Arthritis and would hate to think what I would feel like if I was carrying another 2 and a bit stone on me!

Its been a wake up call I needed and dont feel like Im dieting as I can eat loads and loads and never feel hungry which is a good thing with being on steroids!

I would recommend Slimming world to anyone who is serious about loosing weight!
    If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in the dark with a mosquito.
  • tkachev
    Options
    Well done purplestorm.

So far I have had 4 pieces of home made plum jam on toast and a packet of cheese and onion crisps! Not good so I am naming and shaming myself!
    I do love fish and could live on smoked mackerel and salmon and chicken so off to my local waitrose tomorrow to stock up.Trouble is they do lovely puddings and I'm not sure I will be able to walk past them.
    Anybody got any good recipes?
    Good luck everybody.

Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • caterina57
    Options
    Well done Purple storm thats really good and a positive message for us all - it can be done!

Dont worry Elizabeth - Just start again, I bet we will all have days where we will slip (I made sure all the naughty stuff - including crisps were gone before this morning)
    Keep up the good work!
    Cath
  • tkachev
    Options
    Thanks Cat I just eat without thinking!
    Will keep on dieting from now.

Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,466
    Options
    Yes, that's it, rid the kitchen of all the trappings and don't buy any more. Portion control is my problem, always the same, even when I was skinnier than the proverbial rake, I suppose thats the bad habit to get out of?

I'm on my own for a couple of evenings, so I'm going to try spag bog with quorn, I always have the wholemeal pasta(250-300grams) anyrate, its tastier.
    I've started having plain white fish when OH goes out, plain pots and some boiled veg, no pud!

8) Its a grin, honest!
  • caterina57
    Options
    I really dont have any excuses. I live on my own so am responsible for what gets brought into this house - from now on I am going to have to keep away from all the naughty things and only buy a) what I need ,and b) foods that are healthy. I appreciate it is more difficult for those of you that have to feed a family and especially so for those who have children.
    Cath
  • coco67
    Options
    well done so far.

right so far today 1 very small bowl of coco pops(all i had in the cupboard) with a tiny drop of semi skimmed milk (hate milk yuk)

was stuck out at lunch time , son inssisted on macdonalds, i pinched a couple of chicken nuggets off him and had water,, i didnt have a meal myself which is good i supose.

tea ... a small bowl of tuna pasta bake. no cheese,

3 black coffees with 2 sugars cant loose the sugar ive tried.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Cath
    And good luck with it ...you can do it...I have my grandchildren living with us...so you can imagine what in my cupboards :roll: I have piled weight on after going to the gym for over 20 years , I am down to short walks, and exercising my arms :shock: but I am going to join you , you have inspired me...but it wont be the atki..I eat very little but have a really bad sweet tooth...so here goes :grin:
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • jilly
    jilly Member Posts: 503
    Options
    Hi Cath, Coco and all the other great people who have decided to join our diet club, I have now been doing it for a week and thought i had better let everyone how much i weigh and what i aim to get down to .

Here goes ........starting weight 15 stone 10 ibs that looks terrible wrote down . I want to get down to 12 stone.

I have lost 7Ibs from last monday , i know I have lost a lot this week and 1 to 2 pounds a week is what i am looking to lose.

I have been up to 19 stone but got down to 16 and managed to stay there for quite a few years .

i did lose a few stone but when my health got worse i put it back on, so before it gets any worse i am sorting it .

So welcome to anyone who wants to join ......................jilly xx
  • valval
    Options
    been good so far well unless you count the small piece of lemon sponge :oops: but no crisps, chocolate or buiscuits so not doing to bad just trying to improve diet and the amount of exercise i take.
    jilly we will do it together will go get weighed tomorrow then post it on here think i about 14 and half stone 5 ft 3" so not good if was 7 ft tall would be about right lol val
    val
  • jilly
    Options
    Hi Val great you have joined us thanks as you say we will do it together, I should of said i am only 5ft tall so you can see my problem..........jilly xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Oh didnt tell you my weight....god I feel like Im on the jeremy kyle show :shock: :lol: here goes 13st 4....Iv got a confession to make...when I went to my appointment yesterday ....I knocked a stone off :sad: if they weigh me when I go for the scan...I am in for it :lol:
    Barbarax
    Love
    Barbara
  • jilly
    Options
    Barbara that is so funny , I have never thought of doing that they really get up my noise at the hospital with the weight thing they are good at telling you 'get your weight down' but no help at doing it .

We will be slim by the summer working together !!!!!!!!!!!!!! .........jilly xx
  • rugbygirl
    rugbygirl Member Posts: 691
    Options
    I have a problem with milk as it causes me IBS. If you want a way to eat cereal without milk a good way is to have fruit juice on it.

It might sound strange but give it a try and give it a chance
    Jakib0644.gif
  • coco67
    Options
    i forgot to say my weight also im 12.12 and 5ft and a smidge, i sometimes wonder if it would just be easier to be streached on a tourture rack than diet but were all off from the starting line and away we go. summer beauties 2011. just you wait and see.