Book Club

Options

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,482
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Amanda

you know we will not mind if you are feeling rough :( just look after YOu eh? Enjoy your reading - what WOULD we do without it?

I am reading JK Rowling's book for us grownups :)

BUT I am sure l should be reading a book of the month :? :oops:

5* Suzy - that bok must have been good - I like it when I care about characters

Janet - I have heard of the labyrinth too - clearly it's good if you intend to read the other two books.

love

Toni xxx
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Thank you Toni for that sweet message, I just wanted to tell you now just incase I forget I PM Carole to remind her we had put her down for doing December's book of the month so could she let us know which book she had decided on? But sadly she hasn't come back to us with her choice. So if someone else would like to come forward incase Carole doesn't come back and volunteer to do December's book of the month we would appreciate it. :)
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Gosh Amanda - where is Carole??

Take care of that flare yourself :wink:

I would suggest the new JK Rowling, but it's ridicuoulsy expensive and in fact I bought it by mistake (kindle error!)

Toni xxx
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    I, too, have a suggestion but don't mind waiting for my turn. :D

Luv,
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • bubbadog
    Options
    I took a look at the new J K Rowling and your right wayyyyy to expensive for Book Club at the moment Toni, but we can do it as a book of the month when it comes down in price!

I will leave the invitation open for the weekend and if no one else comes forward by Monday with a suggestion Lindalegs can do Book of the month for December, I think that's fair.
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Me too Amanda :)

I pressed the wrong button on my kindle, but actually so far I am rather enjoying the book :lol:

Haven't told husband how much it cost though :oops:
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Options
    Shatter by Micheal Robotham

I enjoyed this book,it was different and I found I had to keep reading to get to the end. I did guess who the killer was though :lol:

Its about a woman who jumps from the bridge, and why she did it. Is it murder? Her daughter thinks so, an interesting read. ****
  • lindalegs
    Options
    bubbadog wrote:

I will leave the invitation open for the weekend and if no one else comes forward by Monday with a suggestion Lindalegs can do Book of the month for December, I think that's fair.

Hi All Bookdwellers :wink:

December Book of the Month is

Blackberry Wine by Joanne Harris

Luv,
    Love, Legs x
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    Options
    Still reading james pattersons along came a spider its great .Just seen a new film advertised for the end of the month looks good .Probably have to go on my own to see it :lol:
  • frogmorton
    Options
    suzygirl wrote:
    Shatter by Micheal Robotham

I enjoyed this book,it was different and I found I had to keep reading to get to the end. I did guess who the killer was though :lol:

Its about a woman who jumps from the bridge, and why she did it. Is it murder? Her daughter thinks so, an interesting read. ****

Now THAT sounds good Suzy

Ok Legs will download it NOW :D

Got a new router so had to connect to it.....

been bad and downloaded both suzy's too :oops:

Good job I've already read the James Petterson Fowls :wink:

Hope Amanda is doing ok

k030.gif
    love

Toni xxx
  • lindalegs
    Options
    Hope book dwellers are reading Snow Child as I'm looking forward to putting up my review and will be interested to see what others think :D

It's quite a responsibility choosing a book of the month as you know probably not all will share your taste but that makes the reviews more interesting to read.

Hope someone else volunteers for the start of next year then we get a range of different books. :D:D

Luv,
    Love, Legs x
  • frogmella
    frogmella Member Posts: 1,111
    Options
    Hi Legs, I am glad to see that you are reading the snow child. I know it sounds a strange story but I really got into it. I read it in the heatwave early this year and I bet it would be better in the winter! I hope you aren't hating it?

I read Chocolat years ago and did enjoy it but never read another of hers. I will be order December's book from the library online today!
  • bubbadog
    Options
    Hi Guys! On the way to feeling better after everything! Thank you all for keeping The Book Club running along!

Suzy your keeping us going the amount of books your reading at the moment! Shatter sounds a very interesting book! Gonna be adding it to my Kindle!

Legs your choice of book of the month for December Blackberry Wine is another style of book I have never tried, sounds interesting! Look forward to reading it!
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Legs

I have read snowchild (had to plough all the way back through to find out which was this month's book :oops: )

Will review at end of month I promise :)

Amanda - so good to see you :D

Love

Toni xxx
  • lindalegs
    Options
    frogmorton wrote:
    Legs

I have read snowchild (had to plough all the way back through to find out which was this month's book :oops: )

Will review at end of month I promise :)

Love
    Toni xxx

Glad you've read it Toni, I shall look forward to reading what you thought. :D

(Hope you or anyone else thought I was nagging :oops: ................mind you I am an expert at it :wink:)

Love,
    Love, Legs x
  • frogmella
    Options
    I looked at shatter and have a nagging feeling I might have read it. It does look like a good read so I think I might order it and hope that I haven't read it before! This is why I started my book journal so that I could remember what I read! doh! :oops:

I ordered blackberry wine so I might get it next week. Also ordered a couple off my shortlist to keep me going!

I have been reading the Game of Thrones and am currently on book 5 and read it when I am waiting for my books to come to the library! If you saw the series on TV it was made very well (I read the books first and wasn't dissappointed) and the books are fairly easy to read, but quite a commitment! My OH is hooked now too!

Glad to see you Amanada! As Bruce and Tess would say "keeeeep reeeeaaading""""!! :D
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Legs nagging???

NEVER!! I do not believe you are capable of such a thing :shock:

Frogmella - you know the best thing about the kindle is that it tells me when I have already bought a book :lol: :oops:

love

Toni xxx
  • frogmella
    Options
    Aha! Our library has changed its computer system recently - I just wish it had a record of the books I have borrowed. Although, since I got my journal last Feb I have used it for all books - except for Stephen King (read every one!!) and sequels. I do have all the Stephen Kings too except not bought 11.22.63 and Wind through the keyhole yet, but have read from library!
  • bubbadog
    Options
    You are a clever clogs Frogmella having a book journal so you know what books you have read!

That is a good thing about Amazon it keeps all the things you have purchased in your account under history. That's why I love Amazon!!

I agree Legs never moans! Just tells you as it is! That's why I love Legs!! :wink:
  • bubbadog
    Options
    Just a quicky while I'm buzzing on Monster!! I'm nearly half way through 50 Shades Darker and I can say I'm really enjoying! You hear more about Christian's past and there is more darkness and still the naughty stuff!! :wink: I will give you a proper review when I finish the book but so far so very good!! :)
  • frogmorton
    Options
    bubbadog wrote:
    You are a clever clogs Frogmella having a book journal so you know what books you have read!

That is a good thing about Amazon it keeps all the things you have purchased in your account under history. That's why I love Amazon!!

I agree Legs never moans! Just tells you as it is! That's why I love Legs!! :wink:

I concur with every ONE of those points Amanda :D

Love

Toni xx

(just realsied you can coonect your nectar card with Ama*on :D and eb*y too) and spend them on there :D
  • bubbadog
    Options
    Toni my dear you are one clever clogs!! And love ya for it! Off later this morning to see Breaking Dawn with my lovely next door neighbour she's in her 60's but is still young at heart and has a wicked sense of humour, been texting each other all weekend about having 2hrs of eye candy watching Edward Cullen!! It's going to be fun!! :D
  • frogmorton
    Options
    I think it was last weekend my 3 teenage girls all went to see it

I am certain you will both have a great time :D

love

Toni xxx
  • bubbadog
    Options
    Totally enjoyed Monday! Got to Cinema early so decided to go and do alittle retail therapy, brought 2 furry snoods and my next door neighbour brought a hand bag and the same 2 furry snoods as me. I warned her before we did the shopping that if you go out shopping with me I seem to encourage people to spend money, know idea how it's phycological!!
    Loved the film, lots of twists and turns we didn't see coming! did get alittle choked up at the end but managed to not use the hankies I brought with me. Slept like a baby Monday night so the day did tire me out! Had a nice lie in Tuesday Morning! But back with a bounce this morning!!

So how is everyone getting on with there books at the moment? I'm just half way through 50 Shades Darker So may still be reading it when I go on my Holiday!
  • bubbadog
    Options
    What's happening book club members?!?! Has everyone still got there heads stuck in books? It's been awfully quiet this week here in the club!!..... :shock: