DD has broken her arm

Options

Comments

• mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Sometimes it takes the hardest way to learn a lesson,lesson learned okay .
    Gosh that's quite profound for me.Hugs (((()))) Mig
  • Fionabee
    Fionabee Member Posts: 146
    Options
    Hang in there DD. lots of people have much wiser stuff to say than I. Sulk away for a bit. Not too long tho!
    My best friend fractured her humerus falling on ice 2yrs ago, she was out alone for a little breather on a Sunday afternoon, not a soul in sight and had to pick herself up and get home. It was a couple of days before i found out, and several before I saw her (we live 50 miles apart these days) but I remeber what awful pain she was in, trying to sleep sitting up in a chair.
    A very gentle hug (stroke)
    Love Fiona
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    Options
    Can't add to anything already said by others, but just wanted to let you know I'm thinking about you. Hang on in there! ((()))

Meg
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    Options
    Oh DD I hadn't realised ud lowered ure anti ds ... As good as it is we often forget, wen circumstances change, that our mood lowers & we haven't readjusted them to allow for that mood decline. It's an easy mistake to make & miss/forget :(

Please don't beat ureself up about this oversight DD, it's easily done!!

(((Hugs)))

Xxx xxX
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    DD has I say to many ..you will get there with us lot behind you..so glad the x rays have shown progress...here's some gentle healing hugs (((()))) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Thank you, everyone, for your on-going support. Unsurprisingly I have slightly overdone things this morning so this afternoon will be devoted to holding the sofa in place in front of the telly. :wink: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Glad to hear it :D xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • Dakky
    Dakky Member Posts: 53
    Options
    Wishing you the best recovery possible DD
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    This morning I gave in. :( My neck has become increasingly uncomfortable over the past month and at 5am I decided to do summat about it. I lay down, turned onto my right side, heaved a silent sigh of relief (no need to wake the gently-snoring sleeping beauty next to me :roll: ) arranged the knee pillow, cradled my hurty arm and fell asleep. Bliss.

Now I'm up and my neck is hurting again. I have OA within, it's as crunchy as a bowl of granola and there are pains rollicking up the back of my head. :( The heaviest part of the human body rests upon seven of the smaller bones we possess - what a feeble design. DD
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    D.D I'm sorry your neck is in such bad shape, I suppose the stress of everything and the O.A is not helping your poor neck. I don't know if your G.P or Occupational Therapy know of anything that might help your neck while your arm is healing. Your right the neck is a very flimsy design of minimal bones to hold steady a large skull especially with your big brain inside that large skull!! :lol:
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Big brain? I wish! :lol: Today has been a pig, an entire sow and boar of a day; it had its highlights (a lovely phone call around mid-day when I spoke to sisters and a number of natters with a very good friend) plus Mr DD coming home disgustingly early (thank whoever I had washed up and was dressed :wink: ) but it's been a toughie. I will shortly return to the sitting room to watch the rugby, complete with rolled bath towel around my neck: if he calls me 'Rocky' then I will be filing for divorce. :x DD
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Glad your 'pork' of a day got better and hope Mr DD is not sporting a black eye :wink: lets hope your neck settles down and you manage to get some sleep tonight.................Marie x
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • bubbadog
    Options
    I hope you liked your compliment, you are the brains of the forum!! :D I'm sure you will have a fairly good weekend with the Rugby on, get comfy on the sofa with some treats and enjoy!! As for Mr DD I'm sure he's better behaved than my OH who is moaning at the laptop as I type about products not being in shops anymore! He just got the wrath of bubbadog :x and a crutch up his back side and I've sent him out to look at what gadget he wants!!
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,954
    Options
    Hello DD
    I hope you and Mr DD have a good weekend. take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,180
    Options
    Sorry about the added crunchy neck misery; I've got one that makes terrifying gratings when I move it, however as to all intents & purposes I can't, it's not as much bother as other bits. Well apart from the comments from all & sundry; oh I'm glad its so eyecatching & traffic-stopping, thank you.. :roll: Having to juggle the benefits or otherwise of 'prop up or lie down' to sleep must be tough :( I hope whichever you opt for tonight is the lesser of 2 whatsits. Wishing you a less piggish Sunday & a better week to follow.
  • dachshund
    Options
    Hello DD
    I hope you and your husband are having a lovely weekend.
    thinking of you take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Well, Daisy is a tired girl. I was taken out for lunch then a quick lurch round M&S. Being restricted to just the one stick was hard work, as a result my right wrist is now aching like mad and the left arm ain't too happy either. :roll: I was able, however, to replace my new-worn-for-the-first-time cotton top which was cut off in A&E :lol: . It was stressful avoiding people and I am rather pleased to be back home. Yes indeed Joan, we are having a pleasant week-end, what with the rugby yesterday and lunch out today, where we planned some holidays for later this year and thank you for your kind thoughts. DD

PS Hello Toady, the neck is still misbehaving but my masseuse is coming round tomorrow to sort it out - and then cut my hair! I am now sleeping on two pillows and on my right side, my favourite - then come dawn I turn onto my back to ease the joints as best I can.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    A better weekend. Good. No, very good.

Of course stuff is protesting. It's been used to doing very little and has just had a rude awakening. However, it's fundamentally good news and I am very pleased :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • bubbadog
    Options
    Sounds like you had a fairly good weekend DD, shopping & lunch is always a good thing to do! It's in our (ladies) genes!! And what with the Ruggers on telly I'm sure you enjoyed it all. But I'm sure Mr Pain came along to try and spoil your enjoyment! Have a lovely massage and hair cut, pamper day for you so you can also get some rest from the weekend. So good your able to enjoy things some more again now after your nasty accident, you deserve some fun.
  • ritwren
    ritwren Member Posts: 928
    Options
    It sounds like you're coping really well DD, as always I say be careful to pace yourself and not overdo things.
    Having a haircut and massage should help you start the week with a smile.
    Big hugs and good vibes going your way. Ritwren.
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    Glad to hear the weekend was a good one DD. There was much cheering in our house when Wales did so well in the rugby (a thoroughly English lady married to a proud welsh man always makes for interesting internationals!).

Enjoy your day of pampering.

Deb x
  • dachshund
    Options
    Hello DD
    enjoy your day. I will think of you i'm going swimming.
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I'm back from my 8am physio appointment and things are going well. The range of movement is improving, I am happily typing this with both sets of fingers rattling away - :D - and I have another exercise to include to help me develop a better upward range of movement. I am allowed to perform some 'gentle' food preparation but not to manoeuvre pans etc. - time to dig out the slow cooker methinks. 'Im indoors has been a hero for the past five weeks, he's done all the cooking so it's about time I started to help out, yes? I can therefore I will. I am not allowed to do any heavy lifting so the weights in the garage will have to stay idle for a little longer. :wink:

Joan? I hope you enjoyed your swim - I like the swimming bit but the drying after? Far too tedious. :oops: DD
  • bubbadog
    Options
    DD Glad your physio went well and that you've got some movement back so you can type some what better and even do a little cooking. You can cook so much in a slow cooker you will be well away!
    You will have to wait till you can go pumping those weights to build up your guns again!! Your 'look like Arnie Schwarzenegger DVD' can wait a while!
  • dachshund
    Options
    Hello DD
    i'm pleased your arm is improving and you can do more with your hands.
    take care thinking of you.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx