DD has broken her arm

Options

Comments

• bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hope the x-ray shows some good news for you, will be in your pocket if needed, will climb back out later today! Let us know how you get on. Fingers crossed for good news. (())
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    Sorry you had such a restless night. Got my fingers (metaphorically!) crossed for positive x-ray results.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    My patient approach has paid off: all is straight, nicely in line and I have to return in two weeks for another Xray to check the healing. I am still 'slung', still have to sleep sitting up and still can't use it but we knew that anyway, didn't we? :wink: I am to reduce the diclos because they inhibit healing - has anyone else heard that? :? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,941
    Options
    Hello DD
    i'm pleased your arm is doing well.when I had the triple fusion on my foot the nurse's gave me my co-co's.
    take care ((((((((DD))))))))
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • marrianne
    marrianne Member Posts: 1,161
    Options
    well done DD Glad its healing nice and straight ,no havent heard of that either Marrianne :)
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Options
    Glad all is progressing well, DD. Keep up the good work. You are obviously doing brilliantly.

Beryl

((()))
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    Glad the progress is all in the right direction- and every day takes you closer to being free of the sling :D

Just asked my Paediatrician Registrar son about the diclo and bone healing- he checked a "learned paper" on the subject and says it inhibits bone healing in lab rats ( :shock: ) but there is no good clinical evidence that NSAID's or coxhibs inhibit bone healing in humans!!!!!!!!!!! All in all opinions amongst those who research is mixed and evidence is inconclusive......................... and to think we spent all that money on med school fees for such an indecisive answer :lol:

Hope tonight is a reasonable one for you.

Deb xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi DD I am glad to hear that all is were it should be..hopefully another week or two and you will be able to get rid of the sling..think you would be better in your own room...xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    Hooray for good news! Glad your patience has paid off. :)
  • phoenixoxo
    phoenixoxo Member Posts: 625
    Options
    Good news, DD :>)

Sorry I can't help with the question about diclos, but that looks like useful info from Deb there :)

Best wishes,
    Phee
    PsA (psoriatic arthritis) and other things since 1990. Happy to help when I can :-)
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Hmmmm, food for thought indeed and thank you everyone.

Today has been grim thanks to tiredness, an eighty minute wait at the hospital (why bother doling out appointment times?) a sadistic radiographer (who was only doing her job) and the washing machine going wrong. I loaded a cotton wash at 60 degrees at 3.10pm and have now resorted to a quick-wash of the same load in an effort to get it completed by 10pm 'cos I am the schmuck who will have to drape it over an airer. My temper is failing. DD
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Options
    Good to hear your healing is going well; what a relief not to have to contemplate a different scenario!!

May it continue in that direction for you. What an ordeal you've been through! Best wishes for speedy healing.
    Anna
  • marrianne
    marrianne Member Posts: 1,161
    Options
    Hi DD I hope you had an ok night ,and you got the washing dry ,gas boiler has blown out here but washer is working well dish washer never gets a look in keep warm Marrianne((())))
  • bubbadog
    Options
    Glad it was good news from the X-ray no surgery!! What an earth are you doing! Doing the washing and hanging it on the drier!! Isn't that the temporary job of the OH or ankle biters (Kids) while your arm heals? You should be resting it so it heals good, you must remember one bang and all the good work of healing is ruined! You will have to have what my OH calls 'power naps' on the settee in the day to make up for the tiredness. If you need something to stop the boredom try playing 'Candy Crush Saga' my OH & I are addicted to it!! I'm so addicted I have got 3 separate games going on, on my laptop, mobile and tablet!! I am a Candy Crush Saga Addict!!! Stay warm and take care. x
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Doing the washing is easy, Bubba, thanks to the machine. I can load it, set it and empty it one-handed as well as drape the stuff over the airer, it takes time is all. Another load has just finished so it's time to put that on display. :) I cannot iron, however, so 'im indoors will have to do his work shirts. I can iron five in the time it takes him to do one so you can easily tell who usually does it! I am currently working this season's 'crumpled and saggy' look - non-ironed togs worn sans bra. :oops: I can also make the bed, wash up (though I do get rather damp) and do very basic food prep. I'm on my own during the day and have to cope. Life was far more complicated when I had the double carpal tunnel! :lol:

We both slept better last night which has helped my mood and temper. DD
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,941
    Options
    Hello DD
    you are doing so well are you a quick healer. did you tell your walker off I do if I fall over anything.
    take care ((((((((DD))))))))
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I must confess, Joan, that I haven't - it was my own silly fault, end of but that is a rather lovely idea! Come to think of it I'm not sure where it is . . . . . I assume Mr DD loaded it into his car as the ambulance carried me off and has since deposited it in the garage.

My right arm and shoulder are hurting - overuse on many fronts, I guess. Our lavatory has a push-button flush which is also proving to be very awkward. :( I can only conclude that healthy people must lead very dull lives - where's the every-day life challenge for them? DD
  • Susiesoo
    Susiesoo Member Posts: 358
    Options
    Hi DD .... I am very late coming to this as I have been lucky enough to have enjoyed a break in the sun. I am so sorry to hear of your accident, but pleased to see that things are progressing as they should and hope they continue to do so. I think I would head to the spare room, too.

Susie
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Our lavatory has a push-button flush which is also proving to be very awkward. :(

May I recommend the handle of an old wooden spoon? I use one to switch on the kitchen wall sockets. (My mother's name was 'Necessity' :lol:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Genius! Thank you Sticky, I shall sort that after my breakfast. Just the one egg today and that's my last until he goes to the shops again. How can someone NOT buy summat that is written on the list he's repeatedly reading? :roll: Twerp.

Another rough night chez Daisy but no matter, I've done twelve rough nights, just forty-four to go. :D The joints are playing up thanks to my not being able to do very much and muscles are losing their tone so it's time to sort out some exercises to help matters - I suspect my usual ones won't be enough so I am going to brave going for walks. I can only use the one crutch so that will further clip my wings (see what I did there? :wink: ) but it should help the rest of me. Shouldn't it? :? DD
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    So. I negotiated breakfast, a shower, followed by the drip-drying-pill-swilling-struggle-to-dress-in-clean-jarmies-and-load-the-washing-machine malarkey all without harm but then lurched into a door frame whacking my left elbow as I returned to the kitchen to brew a cuppa. Je suis une twerp who's feeling a little icky with pain. :( I'm off to witch hazel and I will diclo regardless of its possible impact on my healing fracture. Oh this is sooooo tiresome. :roll: DD
  • bubbadog
    Options
    It's amazing what you can learn to do one handed hey!! My OH does the food shopping and I have to text him a list of what's needed and if it's not on the list it doesn't get brought, even weekly needed things!! It does make me laugh!! Hope you had a nice breakfast and had a good sleep last night. Take Care.
  • ritwren
    ritwren Member Posts: 928
    Options
    DD it's great to hear you'll not need surgery and you seem to be coping very well. Do try the whole balance thingy 'tho and try not to overdo things. Good vibes going your way.
    ritweren
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    And you were doing so well today. Hope your elbow isn't giving you too much pain.
    Christine
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    Options
    Hi DD,

I think ure still trying to do too much & that's y these knocks are happening :(
    Won't Mr DD decamp to another bedroom, for ure benefit, until ure more healed?

Ure doing amazingly well ... My patience would have ran out on day 2 :wink:

Masses of gentle ((((hugs))))

Xxx xxX
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x