DD has broken her arm

Options

Comments

• applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Glad things are improving DD. As you say, might be best to leave the weight-lifting for a bit longer.
    Christine
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Thank you again, everyone, for your continued interest and support. Last night I managed to peel three potatoes and three carrots but then stuff was becoming aggravated so I stopped and left the rest to him. I managed the washing up after (I've been doing that anyway) and then went off and did my new exercise - very exciting! :lol:

I can feel that it is getting better, I find myself unthinkingly using it and then have to put the brakes on. I hope that my patience is paying off, it seems to be so now I have to be extra cautious so I don't undo my good work. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Hi there DD, glad your getting more use in your arm, you will have muscles soon! As you said yourself don't go over doing it and ruining all the work you have done so far to mend it. Hope you have a good day today and don't go over doing it!!
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Options
    I am glad to read you are improving, DD. Sounds like you've had a tough slog.

With my OH now injured, I'm resisting handing out helmets and bubble wrap to everyone.... :lol:
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I spoke a little too soon - the arm is fine, the rest of me is much as usual but I now have a very sore throat and I'm snuffling. :( This is due to be a rather big week-end in the DD household so the last thing I want is a cold but I think I have one . . . . . oh bother. DD
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Oh no that's all you need,have you got to delay injecting ? Hope it comes to nothing and you can enjoy your week-end. Mig
  • bubbadog
    Options
    Oh blooming heck DD!! You will have to find the culprit and wring their necks!! :o:lol: Well at least it's the weekend and you have a good reason to hijack the settee, get in your onesie and chill watching the sport on telly!! Hope this cold doesn't get comfy and decide to squat inside you and be hard to shift. Have a restful weekend and shift that cold!
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Glad to see your arm is getting better, but not so good with the sore throat and the cold, lets hope it doesn't come to anything. A few hot toadys over the weekend is called for methinks. Hope you feel better soon...........Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • Boomer13
    Options
    Oh dear, DD.
    Hoping it's just a bit of irritation from the fly......and goes away soon.
  • Boomer13
    Options
    Of course, should have added one of these.. :wink:

Husband is always elbowing me about my weird sense of humor.
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I'm waiting for the 'culprit' to come home - he's the one who goes out and about every day of the week. :) Mind you, I guess I could have caught it on Tuesday on my excursion to physio, or last Sunday on my trip out for lunch. :( Other humans - who needs 'em? :wink: DD

PS Anna? I get your sense of humour but an emoticon or two can help as there is no facial expression or vocal inflexion with type. :)
  • Boomer13
    Options
    Healthy people tend to be very careless with their nasal and other emissions.....Drives me nuts, but I get unbelievably ill with what, for others, is a minor cold. Snot is a hazardous waste, if you ask me.

Take care, DD. Not what you needed on top of all else.
  • bubbadog
    Options
    The human race can be very careless with their germs! Maybe we should be like the people in Tokyo and wear face masks. Oh well the deed is done and you have a cold squating in your person! Thank goodness for the weekends it's a good excuse to chill on the settee and slop out and eat naughty things and boss your OH's about!! Is there any ruggers on the box this weekend DD? You just take care and blast that cold out of you!!
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Why would I need to boss him about? :? I don't get that concept at all - I could try but I know what the response would be! :lol:

My arm has a dull ache thanks to the cold and damp. The throat is still uncomfortable, my chest is tightening so yes, I will remain indoors just to make a change. :D He's going to the footy later so I will have full reign over the TV remote - mind you, it being the week-end I guarantee that ITV3 won't be working properly. For some reason the reception for that station here in No.10 is very patchy, I don't know why - we have signal boosters in the roof. DD
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,955
    Options
    Hello DD
    I hope you feel a bit better i'm sorry I just noticed you did your post today thing's don't work that quick.
    take care.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,180
    Options
    Oh blah, do hope it's one of those come & go quickly jobs & doesn't hang about - amen to the 'other humans/ neck-wringing' & all that. Think where you could go & what you could do if there were no germs. :(

Sending you the appropriate sentiment for this weekend.
    villier wrote:
    A few hot toadys over the weekend is called for methinks.
    ..looks around nervously.. well if you absolutely must, but I wouldn't recommend me as a cold remedy myself.. :shock:
  • bubbadog
    Options
    My OH & I are always joking about and when I'm poorly my OH will say 'ok I'm your slave, what can I get you? Do you want something special for lunch/tea? Do you want something from the shops?' And I do tease him back though I do tell him to stop after it gets silly! Our house is a total cooky house because we're forever messing about and joking! My next door neighbour joins in now after my OH played jokes on her a couple of times!! :lol:
  • bubbadog
    Options
    DD, hope you have managed to stop the aching in your arm, it's not nice when the damp & cold are getting to your joints. Hope today will be a better day for you. Take Care.
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Hello again, I am pleased to report that the arm is not aching quite so badly - my exercises are getting better in terms of its range of movement and flexibility so maybe that is helping matters. Mr DD is coughing and sneezing. :( Oh bother. DD

PS A few hot toadys, eh? What a thought! :shock: :lol: I think you'd be a very good cold remedy because you'd take my mind off it!
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    :D Isn't it nice when someone does the right thing (rest and exercises) and it pays off :D I'm very pleased for you.

Now, Mr DD spluttering is not good news. Can you wrap him up in bubblewrap or some such? Have a designated no-sneezing room? Oh bilhooks! Just what was not required.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Glad to see the shoulder is on the mend, not so good though Mr DD seems to be acquiring the dreaded Lurgi, give him a toddie and you can have a toady :lol::wink: I will have to read what I write in future before submitting :lol: Happy Birthday to Mr DD, I hope you both manage to have a lovely day xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • dachshund
    Options
    Hello DD
    how are you feeling to day have you found some kind soul to pass your cold on too.
    take care see you Thursday.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,180
    Options
    I suppose that rules Mr DD out as the source of the germ, or has he given it to you & you've passed it back.. hope it isn't dampening his birthday too much or preventing you attending your other sad occasion if still in your plans to do so.

Hope you both shift the colds completely, I will attempt to be a diverting remedy but you might be overestimating my entertainment value :lol: thank you for the original typo villier it was v amusing so I thought you'd excuse my picking you up on it. :D

Well done with the shoulder DD & hope the ROM keeps improving nicely. x
  • dachshund
    Options
    Hello DD
    how are you doing. take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    Oh flip sadly DD has proved the theory the older you get the less you bounce, last time I went over I gave myself confusion and it wasn't pleasant, I've also broken both arms at one time or another when I was younger so I sympathies.