DD has broken her arm

Options

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I no longer walk, Debbie, I lurch - imagine a drunken gorilla and that's yours truly. :lol: I have left a range of sticks strategically placed around the ground floor and am changing my habits - no more cuppas in front of the telly 'cos I can't carry one from the kitchen and use a stick. :roll: We have two spare beds, one is loaded with boxes which I have to trawl through to determine 'keep or chuck' and the other is in bits. He won't go, anyway, in case I need him. I do - I need him to stop inadvertently hurting me! :) I might have been temporarily halted but life rumbles on, Mr DD averages thirteen - fourteen hour days so I can't expect him to be doing the usual household stuff. Patience? I've got loads of that thanks to having arthritis - see, it does have its benefits! :lol:

My skin is breaking out, I'm rashy all over the shop with some plaques too, and a touch itchy. I'm hoping that the humira I did earlier will bring things back under control. I'll dig out my ointment but applying it won't be too easy. Oh bother. :(

I hope things aren't too bad with you - you know we're here, yes? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Good idea leaving sticks around the house just in case you need them! You could do with one of those old tea trolly's so you can have a cuppa and wheel it to the lounge so you can have a cuppa in front of the telly, everyone enjoys a cuppa in front of the telly!! Don't go over doing it with the boxes Mrs!!
    Hope the rash clears quickly, I can imagine imagine how hard it is trying to reach some parts with your arm in plaster, I bet you look like a malfunctioning robot! :lol: I hope you have a good weekend, try and behave yourself and don't go mad doing stuff when you should be resting your arm! Take care.
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I'm not in plaster, Bubba, because the break is so high they can't plaster, thus my arm is in a sling which pulls on my neck. :roll: I am ignoring the boxes, they will have to wait until someone is willing to help me. So far no-one is or has the time - I can't say I blame them! :lol: DD
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hopefully it wont be long DD..bet you cant wait to get back behind the wheel....but meanwhile you behave..xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Hope you have a good weekend and no more stumbling into door frames :wink: feet up sit back and relax and enjoy the rugby with a little something, medicinal of course :P xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    My thanks to my respondents, I appreciate your taking the time to reply. I've had a rubbish day but hopefully tomorrow will be better. DD
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    You are having such a rubbish time DD but you still look at the positives and advantages. Hope tonight brings some decent sleep.
    Christine
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I am currently studying for my doctorate in the mysterious art of going to sleep. I've witnessed it (he's well-away every night, snug and comfy and easily alternating between his left and right sides) but I truly don't understand how he does it. He doesn't even wake up to change position. :shock: I suspect it's possible for him because he is tired after an active day and he doesn't have any hurty joints or a broken arm. I am tired after a relatively inactive day, have the hurty stuff and have to 'sleep' sitting up thanks to my triple break. It's all dross. :( I am used to being tired all the time but this is taking it to new depths. Hey-ho, battle on Daisy, there's no other choice - perhaps I'll let a flash of temper show, that'll shake things up a bit! :lol: DD
  • barbara12
    Options
    I have come to the conclusion that mens are born with a degree in sleeping...hope tonight is a better one for you xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,941
    Options
    Hello DD
    I think Mr DD as good night's sleep because he has not got a broken are and arthritis sorry to say that.
    take care ((((((((DD))))))))
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • dachshund
    Options
    Hello DD
    I hope you have a better day today. take care
    ((((((((DD))))))))
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Things are not going well but at least there's some rugby on later. :D DD
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    Mm. France v Italy. Distraction techniques to the fore, methinks :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    Options
    Hi DD,

I understand ure desire to look after Mr DD with him working such long hours, I truly do!!

I'm wondering ... Do you have an electric reclining chair that stands you up too? Could that be an easier option for you over night??
    (It's not so bad .... I slept on one & a sofa for 5 years, wen I was still well, as Steve couldn't go upstairs so had a hospital bed in our living room, It wasn't ideal but the neurologists were messing his meds about so much at the time I couldn't leave him alone!! :? :()

Stay strong.

((((Hugs)))))

Xxx xxX
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • bubbadog
    Options
    Silly me DD! I just assumed you would be in a plaster! I feel for you not being able to sleep and having to sleep sitting up. I had to sleep sitting up when I had my last flare up and it's pretty much impossible! I was kept up Saturday night by my OH's snoring. It was so loud the only way to explain it was soooo loud it could have been coming out of those mega speakers they use at concerts or festivals!! I wanted to get my stick and swing it at his head with as much force that I could. I kept imagining myself doing it while I sat up in bed unable to sleep!! :x Hope your arm is behaving DD and that you at least enjoyed the Rugby. Hey Ho the start of another week!! :roll:
  • dachshund
    Options
    Hello DD
    how are you doing today I hope your arm is improving and not causing
    you too much pain. take care
    ((((((((DD))))))))
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I passed another miserable night but no matter. The arm is OK, it could be better but at least it's not worse. :) I'm very tired - I've just completed my first on-line shop and doing it one-handed was tiring, mind you it was far easier than catching a taxi and doing it one-handed in store! :lol:

It's raining again - ye gods. :roll: DD
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    OK just for once, as a special treat you understand, I shall put on my serious face. You are doing brilliantly. I am very impressed - and it takes a lot to impress a Yorkshirewoman :wink: Keep going. Two and a bit weeks down. Only another far-too-many to go :)
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Options
    You are doing wonderfully :!: and at least this is one problem you will recover from 8) I wish you sleep, when you can get it.
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Last night was a better one so, as a result, I'm shattered! :lol: I discovered over the week-end that I can now get a sleeve over my left arm so this morning I found myself unthinkingly using both hands to button my jimmy jacket - behave DD! :lol: The bruises are fading and my left forearm is feeling better, it's still hot to the touch and swollen so I shall keep up with the diclos, I've reduced them to two per day because the rest of me appreciates them. DD
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    Good morning DD, I'm pleased things seem to be improving a little for you. Keep this up, and life might just start to feel tolerable!
    Take care,
    Numpty
  • bubbadog
    Options
    DD, I do all my shopping on-line, it's wonderful!! I have to behave because I could end up spending a lot!! Glad you have been able to move a little better just remember not to push it too much. Glad you had a better nights sleep. It's bloomin horrible with weather! You have a good day me dear!! :)
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Glad to see thinks are improving a wee bit, well done, you seem to be coping well, glad to see the pain has subsided a bit, looks like things are on the up................take are..................Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • barbara12
    Options
    Glad to see you had a better night DD...it does help if you get some sleep..not sure when that sling come off..but hope its not long for you..
    Love
    Barbara
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    Glad you had a better night, hope things keep getting a little better each day. Take care

Deb x