DD has broken her arm

Options
167891012»

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Firstly, my apologies: Mr DD is on leave and so has completely thrown my day-to-day routine. :wink:

I saw my physio today at 1pm and she was very pleased with my progress: so she should be. I've done everything I was told to do and my reward is that everything is getting better. Good. My only holdback is the healthy twerp I married. :roll:

Mell? I deal with confusion on a regular basis thanks to the exasperating effects of two kinds of arthritis plus the fibro. I didn't break anything when younger and feel cheated that I was not awarded a proper plaster thanks to the placing of the break BUT the phacking thing is healing. That is weird. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • cherrybim
    cherrybim Member Posts: 334
    Options
    Aw DD sorry you didn't get the full Monty :) I think it very much depends upon the 'plaster artists' in the plaster room. As I've said previously I got the works, right from fingertips to the armpit :lol: Remained like that for 10 days and what a shame it wasn't in the 'Carry On' days..not!

However, thanks to the intervention of Stu who forbade our boys to even think of taking a pic of their Mum in a discombobulated state, there's no photographic evidence of the bent purple peeper eater.

Seriously, it certainly sounds as though things are progressing well. Carry on with the good work ;-)

Cherry x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I think it was because my breaks were so high up that I had just a sling but it worked, probably because I was a good girl and did nowt as per instructions. Now is the more difficult time because it is clearly on the mend (which isn't bad and within their time-frame) so I find myself using it more and more. I need to work on the outward movement - ye gods that hurts and I can't get my arm up too high but I will be sensible and not push it too far.

I'm having a miserable day joint-wise, my ankles, knees and hips are foul as are the sacro-iliac joints. Hey-ho. Swallow the pills and get on with things, girl. 'tis the only way. I managed to go through six boxes today so the first bedroom is now a proper room, bed made up, bedside table lamps plugged in leading to one much happier husband but one tired, fractious and grumpy wife. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    I'm glad things are progressing for you DD. No don't push things too far. You've done very well up till now. You've emptied 6 boxes today? :shock: Be careful. It must feel better to get that room finished though. Now some rest.
    Christine