DD has broken her arm

Options

Comments

• DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi DD,

I hope ure doing ok?! It wasn't your fault, it was an accident!! So please try not to be so hard on ureself!! The frustration would drive me potty mind you :wink:

I hope Mr DD will be taking over meal times or ul be living off of healthy-ish take - away type of meals. :wink:

Xxx xxX
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    He will be doing the cooking but I reckon that with time (I will have a great deal of that), kitchen aids and mine own ingenuity I can manage the food prep. We'll see. I am pleased he will be back at work tomorrow so that I can try things without growling going on behind me. :roll:

I am now clad in a skirt and blouse, a friend came round (we were supposed to be ladies who lunched today) bringing lunch for me and him (which was decent of her, no?) She also changed the bed (I loaded the washing machine) and the dishwasher (this will be a boon over the next two months or so) and then cleaned the kitchen. :shock: As with all healthy people she did in 45 minutes or so stuff that would take me at least a morning in my pre-broken arm state, which was most demoralising. :(

I have not taken any cocos since 8.45am but will down some now as he is taking me to the hospital for a necessary blood test. Things will be jarred. :wink: I may also get him to propel me in a wheelchair, it's a long walk to pathology. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Options
    DD, I have only just read this. So sorry to hear about your break, sounds very painful. Take care of yourself, and don't over do things. x
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Options
    Have you seen this DD? it's very funny, hope it cheers you up. Anna

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIDv1jJhoxY&list=PL0D35E7C12D840FB3&feature=c4-overview-vl
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    Options
    DD you are ... a type of fish with 4 letters ending with p & starting with c ... At resting & the concept of pacing seems wholeheartedly lost on you, judging by ure future plans ure already thinking of!! :shock: :lol: :shock: :lol:

Now that is a TRUE friend eh?! How kind & very considerate of her, I think that's absolutely lovely :D

I hope you don't get banged about too much during the outing to the hospital, I think extra pain meds is a sensible plan :wink:

((((Hugs))))

Xxx xxX
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Hmmmmm, I refute that DebbieT, I am the past mistress of pacing, I've been doing it for years but now have to employ my methods more rigorously, i.e. stopping things before I feel that I can do more. :lol: I know that ironing is out of the question (he will have to do his shirts) and I shall be the pioneer of this spring's crumpled look :wink: He has gone to work but, bless him, left a pan of water complete with two eggs within - they are done and I'm off to eat so I can diclo. I is being a good girl. 8) DD
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    It's good when you have friends who will just help you without you having to ask for help. I get that with my next door neighbour. She lets herself in and if she can see I'm having a bad day she will just check the cats have been feed or if their due for some food or even just give them some treats and play with them for a while. And do any washing up that's in the sink. She'll ask me if I want a drink and do me a snack. She is wonderful and having a friend like that is a blessing. I do have a house cleaner who comes once a week and takes the pressure off my OH. I will do what I can, but help does take the worry off me that my OH isn't getting over run. Good that your not trying to do way to much and resting your shoulder so it can heal. It's mad how you learn to compensate for a part of you that is injured!
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    That is what you call a good friend DD, you sound in good fettle I am glad to say, although, I hope your pain is starting to subside a bit and I am sure you will be a sensible girl :wink: ................Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,149
    Options
    I see that you were not content with 1 fracture and went the whole hog with 3 - oh Lordy. :roll: Hope the eking (ekeing?) out of the painkillers is working and they are helping.

Well done to you for managing to accept some help gracefully-ish, I just can't stomach it so heaven knows what will happen if I need any more than I currently have (though I have a pretty good idea! :lol: )

Hope the eggs were done to a nicety and getting them out of their shells wasn't too much of a Krypton Factor challenge..

Good wishes for some hasty mending.
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Toady? The eggs were easy - I like them hard-boiled (much like me :wink: ) so I decanted them onto kitchen towel and had a happy time smashing the shells to pieces for easy peeling. I then ate them whole by nibbling - why muck around with a teaspoon & eggcup? I had enough of that when he did them for me - far too fiddly! :lol:

I have no issues with either asking for or accepting help, having learned that struggling only makes things worse for me (which is stupid, no?) I accost strangers in supermarkets to get things from the lower shelves and I help those who are vertically challenged by getting stuff from the higher shelves either by hand or by crutch. Everyone needs some help every now and again, yes? There are still things I can do for others but not for the next couple of months or so. :wink:

I won't lie, it's been a long day but there again it began at 2am so that's not surprising. :lol: I hope to sleep better tonight, I need it. DD
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    Glad you are being a good girl DD. Wouldn't the world be a better place if everyone adopted your attitude of asking for help when it's needed but also offering help when others need it. Too many people these days live in their own little world only doing for themselves. have a good night's sleep tonight.
    Christine
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I've passed another rubbish night. The joints are reminding me that they are not that happy with the current state of affairs. I am a tad grumpy. :( DD
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Options
    Hi DD. know exactly what you mean about feeling grumpy. I'll join you and we can be grumpy together!

Maybe you can get some rest during the day if you can get comfortable. Hope tonight is better for you.

Beryl
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    My arm / shoulder is mis-behaving. In order to gain some relief I've slid off the sling and my wrist is resting on my thigh but I can feel the 'pull' on my shoulder; back it goes. Ouch. Oh dearie dearie me, this is not fun. Let's grump away, Beryl! DD
  • PatriciaH
    PatriciaH Member Posts: 77
    Options
    Oh DD sooooo sorry to read you have broken your arm!!! As usual, you cope with it with your wonderful sense of humour - you really do make us smile and lift our spirits on a daily basis :) but I would imagine you don't feel much like smiling at the moment - poor you...

Sending warm and gentle hugs to you poor DD <3
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,940
    Options
    Hello DD
    i'm sorry you are in so much pain I hope you get some escape from it soon.
    take care ((((((((DD))))))))
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • marrianne
    marrianne Member Posts: 1,161
    Options
    DD ,Sorry yesterday was pretty bad re the pain getting comfy ,so I thank you dear girl for posting on my grumps I showed O/H he was most pleased I can tell you ,I have to say he didnt gloat to much and we had a good chat he says he turns everythng into a joke because yes he does feel inadequet at times ,Your Mr DD and well I suspect most men alternate with long sighs sulks and unexpected splendidness where would we be without them :lol: I hope your much better today and mannaged some quality sleep ,I tell you I would love to meet you in a supermarket and I will always keep my eye out now and I do think its great to help out when ever possible and one of the really good things about all things poorly you do get to meet some great people ,Had a great chat in xray about knees old and new and leg warmers , I Mr DD has left something for you breakfast ,I have been trying the porraige in a plastic cup you just add boiling water and stir unfortunely the three bears would not be impressed it just went to slop I know you dont do hugs but have some any way ((((()))))Marrianne
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Your more than welcome, Marrianne, support is what the forum is about, yes? And thank you to all my other respondents.

I have had a positive morning. I did my breakfast (left out by 'im indoors) then I vacuumed the ground floor (upright cleaner and took my time). I then showered and have managed to apply deodorant! I no longer smell! :D Sleeping, however, is not going that well. Last Friday night was OK thanks to 40ml of oromorph administered in hospital and four cocos (administered by me). Since then? Rubbish. I am very thankful for my Kindle paperwhite, it's a boon. DD
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    DD glad you have had a goodish morning..but its rotten when you cant get comfy in bed...hope tonight is a better one for you..((()))xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    Options
    Hi DD

Sorry to hear you have broken your arm , hope the pain is not too bad , as if you have enough to contend with .

take care
    Karen xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Well, it's 4.15pm and it's just dawned on me that I have not coco-ed since 3am. I think I will indulge. :wink: DD
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,940
    Options
    Hello DD
    you are doing very well try and rest as well and take care.
    ((((((((DD))))))))
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    What a good sign, glad to see you are improving a bit even doing some vacuuming and being sensible about it :D lets hope you can start getting some sleep soon which will hep with your recovery.............take care ..............Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Well, it's 4.15pm and it's just dawned on me that I have not coco-ed since 3am. I think I will indulge. :wink: DD

Is it wrong that I was excited for you? :lol: The little things in life, eh?!

Wishing you all the best. Keep on keeping on, as you always do. :)
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    Glad you seem to be a little better. Hope that keeps up.
    Christine