NEW YEAR FORUM CRUISE.... IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Options

Comments

• roses1
    roses1 Member Posts: 1,850
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Ahoy there Tony glad u dropped in :grin:

i have been busy in my cabin with my hunk, champers and strawberries :wink: looks like i have missed out on a few excursions :roll: think i'll get over it lol :grin:

fancy dress eh!

Val i look like that all the time!!!! apart from the hair mine is black!

time to get back to the cabin balcony for a little night time drinkypoos :wink:
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    why my dear Rose.. A hunk eh :eek:
    You little minx.. Lol

Enjoy the drinkipoos :grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • tjt6768
    Options
    right folks, I'm off to mi cabin. Very tired and in need of sleep... Hope you all have a good night..

e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • roses1
    Options
    nite Tony sleep well :wink:
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Colin1 wrote:
    Ok it looks like i'm the cook , cheff de thingy. orright der laa de ed cook so no lip a
    Ok ill come up with a menu for each day starting tomorrowlell me cruise director how many days are we to be at sea need to order some serious cans of beens. better ask the bersa to order extra bog rolls just got 200 boxes of fig biscuite from the docks in Liverpool yep fell off the back of a lorry. See you all at breakfast
    breakfast is in the sky restraunt every morning you may eat inside or out on deck On Sunday the captain has invited six guests to dine with him for dinner 7pm for 7.30 black tie only ladies must have the knees covered.
    all suckholing i mean all applications to dine with the captain to me please no later than Saturday lunch time.
    Colin Cheff de thingy

Many thanks for taking over in the galley, Colin Cheff de thingy. :grin: I've sacked Gordon Ramsay, Jamie Oliver, and Heston Blumenthal now because their cooking isn't a patch on yours.

th_chef-19.gif

I'm not sure how long we'll be at sea, so better stock up when we get to Australia. Kangeroo steaks, anyone :?:
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    Australia !!!!!!!! F
    g Australia but thats miles away told the mrs i was going for a boat ride thought id be back on Friday, she thinks i've gon to NEW BRIGHTON.
    Are well menu is set for breakfast and i,m going to be up all night cooking this lot. Same menu for breakfast every day.
    Breakfast
    Cornflakes, Bran Flakes, W Bix, porridge, crunchy nut, muesli, Alpen, Cheerios, frosties, coco pops, Shredded Wheat, Fruit 'n Fibre, sugar puffs Fresh Fruit, Jelly Tinned fruit, pears, peaches, appricots, prunes, Fresh cream ( Grapefruit is of the menu because of the meds we take)
    Balm cakes cobs batch seeded unseeded crusty bread
    Muffins, waffels, bread brown/ white, toast butter, BAGUETTE , crêpes, Balm cakes cobs batch seeded unseeded crusty bread. and butter /every type of spread, pain au chocolat
    pain au raisin with jam, brioche, regular croissant, fresh baguette with jam, pain au lait, (slightly sweet light bread) and biscuits.
    Pancakes with / take your pick , Oat cakes
    Beef and tomato salad
    Eggs ,boiled, fried , Omelette /with or without filling, Poached Scrambled, coddled, Deviled eggs, Eggs Benedict, simple fritters
    Bacon back / streaky / smoked / unsmoked and Gammon
    Sausage pork / beef / cumberland
    Tomato fresh / tinned.
    Beans, mushrooms, fried bread, Chips, Ulster fry, black pudding, White Pudding, tattie scones ,
    Fried mars bars in a creamy iron brew batter, and Tonys special Chicken
    DRINKS TEA COFFEE MILK WATER ORANGE LEMON BARLEY
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • CJHunter
    CJHunter Member Posts: 1,038
    Options
    Wow looks like i've come back at the right time.

Thanks for keeping my cabin for me Joan, and fresh, crisp, white sheets ,u just cant beat them :wink:

So Austrailia, how far till we get there. Have i got time to top up me tan and catch up with wots been happening??
    Have u ladies stopped fighting over this Doc i've heard so much about??

Ok am gonna catch up on some shut eye, and hopefully will see u all at breakfast. Dont you lot stay up too late :smile:

xx
    Clare xxeyeore-1.jpg
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    it going to take me half an hour wandering around this breakfasr buffet let alone decide what i want to eat off it looks lovely will get a tea while i decide val
    val
  • CJHunter
    Options
    Val ,i reckon there'll B enough days on this ship to do a section each day....

Cant belive how i slept, def need a water bed at home i reckon to mimick the sea, :lol:

Now for this breakfast, mmm fruit n pan choc i reckon. Yummmy
    Clare xxeyeore-1.jpg
  • valval
    Options
    CJHunter wrote:
    Val ,i reckon there'll B enough days on this ship to do a section each day....

Cant belive how i slept, def need a water bed at home i reckon to mimick the sea, :lol:

Now for this breakfast, mmm fruit n pan choc i reckon. Yummmy
    you could be right will have some fresh strawberries i think (did you know they have green house on bridge ) so they fresh when we want them glad you sleeping well it all this sea air. better get to the bridge went off shopping yesterday and did not go back poor captain ended up doing all the work val
    val
  • CJHunter
    Options
    Well ive been ordered to rest so will be on deck taking in the rays, what are the cocktails like val??
    Its nearly cocktail o'clock, isnt it??
    Clare xxeyeore-1.jpg
  • valval
    Options
    CJHunter wrote:
    Well ive been ordered to rest so will be on deck taking in the rays, what are the cocktails like val??
    Its nearly cocktail o'clock, isnt it??

well it is some where in the world the amazing go for it
    val
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Wow, that breakfast was quite something, wasn't it? I think I did the right thing in appointing Colin Cheff de thingy as our chef.

We'll all put on weight by the time we reach Australia at this rate.

We'd better get a bit of exercise in the gym to work off all the food.

z76021311.gifbiking.gifturnen1.gifexercise-machine.gif

Right, that's enough of that :shock:

What's for lunch, Colin :?:
  • Colin1
    Options
    Hello Joan i'm glad you asked whats for lunh heres the MENU
    But hey you dont have to eat it all. I'm going to relax by the pool for a while. Any of you lads fancy a bevy tonight after the bingo.
    Lunch Menu
    Soup of the day ( Lental )
    Chips, Mash,Roast Potatoes, boiled potatoes
    Burgers, hot dogs, pizza, beans
    Toad in the hole
    Eggs, Fried , Poached, boiled
    Home made steak Pie in a beer gravy with shortcrust pastry
    Cornish Pasty
    Scouse Pie
    Sliced meat Ham, beef,pork, and Lamb
    Yorkshire pudding
    Green beans, peas, carrots, tomatoes coliflower
    Fresh Salad, with a world cheese boardCheese
    Sandwiches ( Buttys )
    Jam, cony ony, marmite, beef dripping
    DESERTS
    Fresh fruit
    Apple crumble
    Rhubarb Crumble
    Cherry Pie
    Jelly, Strawberry, Lime, Orange
    Custard
    Fresh Cream, freshly made cakes
  • tjt6768
    Options
    well I'm off for a spot of sunbathing, breakfast was great... Thanks Chef.. :grin:
    Anyone know when we'll be landing in Oz or have I missed it :???:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    Options
    Have we hit land yet,if not,when............... :?: :?:
    The level of bar stock is getting critical.Am afraid will have to impose some form of rationing,have some coupons left over from my last beer festival.As far as I can judge each person will be limited to 8-10 pints a day,sorry.We have lager,but my pride and fear for my reputation won't allow me to serve it!Do have plenty of B*bycham and Che*ry B (but only in pints)............ :cry:
    Rumour has it that we are heading to Australia.If so will have to make a few urgent calls to breweries.Might start off with M*untain Goat,G*and Ridge,M*tilda Bay and K*oinda Breweries.May have to visit and sample,but that will only take a couple of days (a lad's day out,yes?).. :grin:
    If we're in Oz land for a few days sighseeing may have time to visit family,they went out there (against their will) in the early 1800's,they enjoyed the journey,but did complain about the crowded conditions on the hulk before they left.
    Called to the bar again (wimmen wanting afternoon cocktails!)...... :roll:

Please let me know when we hit land,if I don't feel the bump.
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,466
    Options
    Oz???? Isn't that errr.....the other side of the world????? ooooooorrrrrr, I didn't bring all me toys with me, can we stop the boat, I wanna get offffff!

on the other hand, I could buy all new ones................when do we get there?????

Mines a pint of creme de monthe.....and can I have a umbrella, ta.
  • roses1
    Options
    Are we nearly there yet? :lol:

i am so enjoying this cruise think i'll stay forever :grin:
    the food is amazing thankyou Colin Cheff de thingy, the cabin and views are to die for especially with the hunky slave to cater for my every whim :wink:

thankyou Joan :grin:
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Thanks for the fantastic food, Colin. :grin: I've never seen such a good menu, but forgive my ignorance, what's in Scouse pie :?: The deserts were all so good that I felt it was my duty as Cruise Director to taste them all :grin:

Ron, you're doing a great job as barman. We'll be in Australia soon, so you can call in at all the breweries you mentioned. I bet they won't be as good as Shepherd Neame in Faversham though. :grin: Have you brought some Burns Ale so we can celebrate Burns Night soon :?: I hope so. :grin:

I think we'll be landing in Australia in a couple of days time, so just relax and enjoy the facilities of the ship until then.

Roses, enjoy your hunky slave too :lol:
  • Colin1
    Options
    Hi Joan Scouse pie is just scouse with a crust on top.
    Now to more serious stuff, if the bar runs out of brands i will throw a hissssssy fit and probably go on strike.
    See one of our sister ships has run aground it sounds awful.
    Well i'm off to the gally i need to sort out evening meal menu and i'm thinking of opening an chines restraunt on one of the lower decks,
  • valval
    Options
    well i am off for a swim and chill out on deck mel in charge on the bridge. today did my shift yesterday but do wish he had told me how to use sat nave just followed the sun val
    val
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Hi Colin, I wasn't sure what the origin of Scouse is, so looked it up. It seems that it's a kind of pot-au-feu de l'hiver poule.

The word comes from lobscouse, a sailor's (very likely a Norwegian sailor) dish of stewed meat, vegetables, and ship's biscuit, not unlike Irish stew

Anyway, I'm sure that your Scouse Pie is delicious :grin:

Now to more serious stuff, if the bar runs out of brands i will throw a hissssssy fit and probably go on strike.

Ooooh, please don't go on strike. We're really enjoying the food, so I'll make sure that Ron keeps you well-supplied with your favourite brands.
    Chinese restaurant now too :grin: Brilliant :!: :grin:
  • joanlawson
    Options
    valval wrote:
    well i am off for a swim and chill out on deck mel in charge on the bridge. today did my shift yesterday but do wish he had told me how to use sat nave just followed the sun val

Thanks Val. I think that following the sun was a good plan, and I'm sure we'll see Australia soon.

Enjoy your swim summer_33.gif
  • Colin1
    Options
    So sorry guys for being absent today just woke up in the belly dancers cabin boy did I have a skinfull last night. Its a long time since I done that but it was good I think. Don’t remember much after the brandy ran out apart from starting on the rum. I feel so ill I need some, “food fat boys or something” will catch up and get back to normal ASAP don’t tell Joan or the captain I’ve been awol all day. No do they make you walk the plank these days. Food, food and where’s that belly dancer gone I need a drink .
  • valval
    Options
    well what a day spent most of it napping in my cabin but am ready for a couple of drinks now any one up for some pole dancing ??????????? wish len was here would have got him telling old war storys till the early hours val
    val